Radar Detectors

Dr.Strangelove

Registered
Here in Australia, it is illegal to have radar detectors ,I don't know what the rules are in America concerning having them in your possession but it is highly frowned upon by the Aussie cops and a rather hefty fine comes along with confiscation , does anyone have one fitted to their bike and if so where is the best place to hide it ?

There is only one state in the US where radar detectors are illegal. Radar detectors can be detected so even if yours is concealed the cops may have reason to search and seize. I'd check it out before spending the dollars.

Actually there is more than one state that does not allow radar dector usage. I agree it would be smart to turn it off when riding alone on an open road through states that don't allow them. On the other hand, if there is more than two vehicles going my direction I will continue to leave my radar (V1) on until I get a bogey alert, because smokey cant't identify which vehicle is detecting radar.

I believe that the newer radar detectors have a newer electronics that keeps the police to know that you have a radar detectors. Something called VG2 or something. The other issue is that you defintely need a Laser Jammer installed. More police and now using them.

Back