Radar detectors...

I have on on my Busa in NZ, and have no idea what model it was. It's mounted in the front dash above the dials. It worked a treat numerous times.

In Oz it is illegal to have one let alone operate one!
argue.gif

Sorry forgot to add that mine is hooked up somehow through the Baehr intercom system into my helmet. When I get back to NZ in about 6-7 weeks time, I'll look into how it's wired.

cool.gif

(guydb @ Oct. 04 2006,23:24) ZeF:

How did you get the radar detector across the border? Did Radarbusters just ship it to you directly? I am just wondering because they are illegal in Ontario and Quebec if I am not mistaken.
rock.gif
Radarbusters.com shipped it straight to me with no problems... I called Canada customs first to make sure it wouldn't get stock there and they told me there was no law on importing it.

So you can order with no problem but you can't get caught using it!!!!!

rock.gif

rock.gif

ZeF:

Thanks for the info. Another question, if you are using a stem stand, won't others notice you have a detector, eventually a LEO may pull up beside you when stopped at a traffic stop, or what if you get pulled over for something, how do you conceal the detector?

Thanks again.

i suppose if it saved you one time from a ticket it would be worth it. i myself do not use one. i depend on knowledge of where they hide around here. and i am allways looking ahead for oncoming. but these new unmarked cars can get you real quick.

They are illegal in the great commonwealth.

Not that I would use it anyway.

Yes, YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool.gif
I'd be in jail by now without mine. Well, not really, well maybe a couple of times I would have been. However my 350buck detector has paid for itself at least 10 times over it's cost!
tounge.gif

(guydb @ Oct. 05 2006,07:53) ZeF:

Thanks for the info. Another question, if you are using a stem stand, won't others notice you have a detector, eventually a LEO may pull up beside you when stopped at a traffic stop, or what if you get pulled over for something, how do you conceal the detector?

Thanks again.
That is true and this i why i mainly use it on highways and not in town! I keep my eyes open and am careful to notice any LEO who could be in a position to see it.

Since they cannot detect it with the Spectre, they are not really paying attention for that neither, most people who see it don't realize what it is.

(_ZeF @ Oct. 07 2006,07:43)
(guydb @ Oct. 05 2006,07:53) ZeF:

Thanks again.
That is true and this i why i mainly use it on highways and not in town! I keep my eyes open and am careful to notice any LEO who could be in a position to see it.

Since they cannot detect it with the Spectre, they are not really paying attention for that neither, most people who see it don't realize what it is.
Thanks again ZeF.

I was thinking of getting one and hard wiring it under the front fairing, on the removable fairing piece under the headlight, and running a headphone wire up to an automixer that would also have my music and GPS hooked in. If it was attached properly with Velcro you could also remove it easily enough by just reaching in behind it and taking it off its velcro to use in your auto if you wanted. This might decrease its range being behind the plastic front fairing, but I don't think it would by too much, that way you could drive around without having to keep taking it on and off and worried about LEO's. Just an idea.
Take care.

(Learjett @ Oct. 06 2006,23:24) Yes, YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool.gif
  I'd be in jail by now without mine.  Well, not really, well maybe a couple of times I would have been.  However my 350buck detector has paid for itself at least 10 times over it's cost!  
tounge.gif
smile.gif
 Oh, BTW... my setup  
wink.gif
IMG_0101.jpg

(guydb @ Oct. 07 2006,08:08) I was thinking of getting one and hard wiring it under the front fairing, on the removable fairing piece under the headlight, and running a headphone wire up to an automixer that would also have my music and GPS hooked in. If it was attached properly with Velcro you could also remove it easily enough by just reaching in behind it and taking it off its velcro to use in your auto if you wanted. This might decrease its range being behind the plastic front fairing, but I don't think it would by too much, that way you could drive around without having to keep taking it on and off and worried about LEO's. Just an idea.
Take care.
This winter i will have more time on my hands for mods since i can't ride in the snow here! So indeed i will take some time to find a good spot that will make it "invisible" and also easy to reach. Plus i will get a H.A.R.D. system so i wont need a wiredearpiece...

race.gif

Back