Radar detector

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
smile.gif
After being tagged this past sunday I need the best damn detector made ( bike use of course )
Some are using Beltronics 946 what do you guys recommend? and is $149.00 a good price??? although price is not my biggest concern.

Bel 946

thumbs-up.gif
fight em if ya can.

Hawaii,

The Beltronics is very good but not the best. you can not get true 360 on a bike. I use the 946i because;

Battery operated
Headphone instead of crazy speakers
laser & ka, K & x
Velcros on the top of the tree

Sees most but not all
make sure you change batteries when you get a warning
Buy 2or3 headsets when you buy the unit, the wires twist in the wind.

Hawaii,
I have the beltronics as well. I will post a couple of pics for you in this thread. I plugged the detector right into my chatter box audio jack. It works great. I just started using it but I don't have any complaints thus far.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

P1000846.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PIC 2 is shows the helmet hook up.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

P1000847.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys, Valentine is the best Radar and most expensive. Howl does your mount obscure your view to the speedo? The mount I have has 90 deg turn on it so it is out of the way of the speedo

Hey Jet where did you get your mount? also I read a review at amazon of these guy who said he had the Valentine in his car and the bel in his wifes and decided to take em both one day for a cruise. He said both were very close in warning sometimes 1 first then the other first... ? I have a cobra from last year I bought at costco for about $70.00 I think, and sometimes it reads way ahead and other times I see the cop first then it goes ballistic... hmmm? not sure how to tell if any of them work that good and what type of radar they cover other than read the manual and try it.
sad.gif
smile.gif
confused.gif

Jetset...The only guage that it covers is the odometer. When I have it in place I can't remove the key either. It is flexable and I just have to move it. No problems and it comes right out if I need it too.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

What about the Rocky mountain radar detector/jammer? I heard they work pretty good and they will reimburse you if you get a ticket while using it. The retail on it is about $199.

anyone know of a good radar detector that shows a bright
flashing light when it gets a hit?---that way i don't have to
mess with helmet wiring.

got nailed last week going 78 in a 55 zone---i was not hotdogging and i honestly didn't
know i was rolling that fast. the cop nailed me going the opposite direction, i saw his brakes lights come on as he passed me and i knew i was history. $95 ticket and probable insurance premium boost. bike is so smooth you don't know the speed unless you look.

please advise, thanks!

Detector arrived today and I will be testin it out on Friday & Sat ... man I hope this works.
cry.gif
cry.gif
nervous.gif

cry.gif

What good are they when a on-demand radar gun is pointed at you. They pull the trigger and it's to late! Rememer 80 mph indicated is more like 72 mph.
nervous.gif

Yeah , I felt like I'd been shot... especially when he could here me coming a mile away with my new pipes... hmmm... pay to play I guess.
confused.gif

I have always thought of using one....borrowed one once..
didn't have a headset..saw the blinking light and the man at the same time..no ticket..didn't get stopped..oh good..
So..now...well over 100,000 miles..of riding..can hardly believe it..never....not once a ticket for speeding..been stopped for other reasons....Like how many times have you been going back and forth on this road...that thing goes REAL
Fast doesn't it..Yes sir it does..fzr600..with a muzzy..thought this is it ,finally iv'e had it..nope....he said he didn't the idea of seeing me plasterd all over the front of a motorhome..thank you i said..he said no no..just take it a little slower..
So all these years without a detector..probably will continue to be without one....2,500 miles on the Busa..whatta ride!!
picking yer spot to speed..can i see far enough ahead???
seems to work very well for me....SO FAR
nervous.gif

Back