radar detector/Please help

mr8ball

Registered
Hi all From VA, I was traveling today and just happen to get a ticket doing 41 in a 25 so they say. I ask to see the radar and i was told they did not have to show me it and i had to take their word for it. I had just went through a school zone and i know i was doing 25 or less while i was just costing down the hill they got me. When i saw them i did not hit my breaks or anything because I felt I was OK. The lady ask me if i came through there often and if i even see the sing. I told her know and she said she would make a note on the ticket about that. I thought the speed limit was 35. I had my GPS in my window and I figured they thought they had a tourist and I would just do what ever and I would live with it. Well NO NO! Did i see somewhere on here a while back a video or something about how radar detector's are shown to be way off at times? Can someone please help me out here. I really cant afford another ticket ay know. Thanks in advance, Doug

Dude, it's your word against theirs. Plead it down in court if you can. Don't know if VA offers traffic school, but might be worth a shot.

Radar detectors are illegal in Va. are they not? ???

Yes they are. I don't have one, I am looking for a way to show that theirs could be off by a curve or another car in front of me. It seems i saw something on here a while back where some guy was showing just how they can be affected by things. Thanks again

My brother is a cop and says that they can be effected by a number of things. One of the things that you could do is request to see the history on that radar gun. You wanna know when the last time that gun was calibrated. Here in Az they are suppose to be done at the start of every shift.

I have a couple of links maybe it will help others in the future. I hope to find that link i am looking for.

file:///Users/dougcarter/Downloads/How%20to%20Beat%20a%20Speeding%20Ticket.htm

file:///Users/dougcarter/Downloads/Traffic%20Tickets%20Speeding%20Tickets%20Attorneys%20Traffic%20Ticket%20Lawyers%20Traffic%20Clinic%20Fines%20Driving%20Tickets%20TixNix_com.htm

Back