Radar detector mounts

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Hello All,
After today on the mountain I can't wait for my radar detector to arrive. Could anyone recommend a good mount for it? It is cordless. So no wires to worry about.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
aktion035.gif

Howlin,

What kind do you have. You said corless so the're only a few. I run a Beltronics, with flat units of velcro. It never moves evern at up to 189mph. You will have plenty of room on the flat between the bars. I also run a GPS with velco. for reasurance i keep a safy strap from the bars to the units.\, but never needed them yet. Always a first time so keep them safe.

Sure, I will try and take a pic. however you will find that the unit will fit on the right side of tree on the tio. Best bet is industrial 2 inch velgro squares. Place both sets on the unit then apply to the flat between the bars.

Also buy extra ear units, they twist in the wind alot. If you break one the jack is a small 2,5 jack that fits cellphones. I have been through 3 ear speakers. I love the ear speakers over the lound speaker units that some use.

I wonder if there is a connector so that I can hook it up to my Chatterbox? What do you think?

Marc"Howlin Mad"

You may find that splicing is not worth it. the helmet speaker of the Bel 946i does not ahve to nb on your ear just near it.

Thanks Captain! I think that is exactly what I am looking for!

Howlin Mad

I use Saeng stem pro it fits into the hole on the triple tree,I use a bel 946i with a tweeter I modified .you can hear it at any speed the tweeter is velcroed on to the detector itself.
biggrin.gif

Jetset I will have to ask you more about this tweeter when I get my radar detector.

Howlin Mad

Jetset,
Got the detector today. It is a 946 but I am not sure if its an "i" or not. So tell me about this tweeter.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
aktion035.gif

Kent that is what I have. It is cordless and you can put it in your pocket with an ear piece to your helmet.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Hey, I went to Radio Shack an got a tweeter Bull style with plastic cone I cut the cone off and put a plastic grate over the paper tweeter I also have a 3v 90db piezo buzzer that doesn't work as well. I cut the speaker wire took the detector into Radio shack they let me try a lot of variations till I found the tweeter, it was the loudest. I have installed solderless terminals on the speaker jack so I can use the earpiece the piezo or the tweeter I will try to post a pix
biggrin.gif

Jetset that is sounding complicated! I don't know if you know it or not but I am a US Marine. We do a lot of things well but this sounds like rocket science.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Try saeng /ta.com or look ask.com cockpit mounts they make a variety of mounts I use one for my bel its great. Obscures tach a little.
biggrin.gif

JetSet can you email me with specifics on the tweeter deal?

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Back