RACEREADY.US IS A JOKE, WORST QUALITY EVER!!!!

TAZEONE

Registered
I'm sorry, but I'm a super legit respectable business person when it comes to dealing with anything in regards to my Hayabusa or any purchase I do over the net.

I've been seeing the ads in all the cycle magazines for RaceReady.US and how they do the inners real nice and what not.
I've heard not only on this board that their work is trash and have seen some pics, but It's my fault for not listening to the realness of their work.
someone not too long ago posted their updated version of the stuff Will @ RaceReady did for them and it was very decent and over the phone he was really confident that his work was the S H I T and that he doesn't leave that bumpy texture on the inners and that he work is as professional as it gets...
WELL WILL, I'M SORRY TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR WORK IS STRAIGHT UP GARBAGE! THE WORST QUALITY PAINT JOB AND PREP THAT I HAVE EVER WITNESSED!

you advertise that it costs : $219 for the outright price, not exchange...... BUT IF YOU WANT THE SMOOTH NOT ORANGE PEELY LOOK, IT'S $409 SHIPPED!

okay, I won't say anymore, but show the pics and give a quick statement from when I opened the box.

the paper he wrapped the parts in was completely stuck to the plastics and RUINED THE PAINT! THIS AMATEUR CLOWN DIDN'T EVEN LET THE PAINT CURE CORRECTLY WHICH IS ONLY 24 HOURS(ANY PROFESSIONAL PAINTER WILL TELL YOU THIS!) I mean I waited 6 and a 1/2 weeks for my inners to come and this is what I got

now check this out!!!
THEY LOOK 5X WORSE IN PERSON!!!!
i took it to 3 local shops and they were like, that is the worst piece of poop job i've ever seen, they couldn't believe it was the guy who advertises in Motor Cyclist and Cycle World mag.
the guys who detail my cars and bikes were like, that looks like krylon paint and whoever painted it didn't know jack about painting. the orangepeeing feel is def. present and there are very few areas that are smooth.

I mean I called to cuss Will out, but it's useless, he has no clue and if this is what he calls "PROFESSIONAL" then he's a just an idiot. Earl Scheib could paint this is 1 hour and have done a better job.
I dont even know what else to say but I can't enter my bike into the show I was suppose to do because of this. He offered to re-paint the parts but FOR WHAT? ITS AWFUL, GARBAGE, COMPLETELY JANKY!

and the fact that it took so damn long scares me because he's prolly really busy jacking other fools who buy these from him.

i'll post more pics in a sec.

okay here are a few more

i'm sick, I'm done.
luckily i have a friend who paints for a hobby
who is only charging me like $50 to redo these.
that's $50 ALL IN!

and he'll have it done by sunday night!
i'll show the pics of the after work on monday.

THE PAINT IS SOOOOO JANKY!
IT'S LIKE HOUSE PAINT, SOME PARTS SHINE BUT OVERALL IT'S JUST TERRIBLE.

there is paper wrapping still stuck to 80% of the pieces that I couldn't take off at all!

sorry for the long vent,
BUT
I WANT TO MAKE SURE NO ONE GETS SCREWED LIKE THIS BY A PERSON WHO ADVERTISES ON VERY REPUTABLE PUBLICATIONS!!!!!

PLEASE BEWARE, THIS CLOWN HAS NO CLUE ON WHAT'S HE'S DOING AND HE GIVES OTHER PAINTERS A BAD REP/NAME!

and his prices are even competitive.

and btw, did I mention that the pictures actually look good compared to what it looks like in person?

my bike is about 85% done from being finished...... i have done a ton of poop to it from cosmetic to internal.
i'll post pics of my bike in 1 week when it comes back from the powder coaters and stuff.

I have done a lotta business with all the peeps who sell busa parts in the USA.
no one has ever dissapointed me...... this is my first and I can tell you that they
are prolly the worst i'll come in contact with.

I know im new here but im not new to painting and that is seriously the worst paint job I have ever seen.

Im a Professional Painter and have been for over 12 years so ill give a brief run down of every thing I notice that is wrong with this job.

#1 the paint is a very low quality
#2 the paint was never given the proper ammount of time to cure it should have been left in the spray booth untouched for at least 24 hours after the final coat was sprayed onto the parts.
#3 theese parts were not properly prepped you cannot just sand this type of part smooth you will weaken the part and make it more suceptible to flexing thereby causeing the paint to chip and crack with the slightest ammount of flex the correst way to prep this type of material is to scuff the surface then apply a speacial type of primer/filler that has a high build quality there by filling in and smoothing the other wise textured part.
#4 these parts were never clear coated infact there is a huge edge inbetween the lines seperating the colors even a person with no sense of feel could feel the huge canyon that is present between the coats.
#5 there was no flex agent mixed into the paint befor it was applyed to the parts, Flex agent should be used on any plastic,urathane,fiberglass, or any other surface that is suceptible to any form of bending or flexing,

In conclusion I would suggest as a professional painter than no one send their parts to this company for this service the price is a total rip off even if the quality had been second to none but with the quality of work they do I would not pay two cents for this service.

<!--EDIT|Nolder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092989382 -->

sorry to here about your bad news.
i hopoe you get it fixed by some one who knows whats up.
thansk for the heads up on this fool and oll do my best to spread the word.

yeh, i'm actually bout to go in the business of promoting people to stay away from this jerk.
no one deserves this kind of work to be done period, not even by accident.

I'm a true rider and have love for everyone on 2 wheels whether it's a cruiser/harley or mx bike.......
I stop when I see another rider in need and I wave to all 2 wheelers on the road.......

and this isn't how you treat customers or other riders.  it's a damn shame.

<!--EDIT|TAZEONE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093044989 -->

That is a terribly job! I was one of the ones considering having this done, but this certainly changes my mind. I did talk to him and he sounded like he knew what he was talking about and was able to answer all the appropriate questions. Guess he doesn't carry through with what he says. Thanks for the heads up!

no prob BIGBS, I'm glad I can help make sure he doesn't get over on others out there on BUSA'S.
he def. talks a good game and talks fast like he's just super busy, so you can feel rushed and confused, but dude is a joke.

I almost went ahead and had him start a set for me, but I have plenty of time since I ain't ridin' for the next 9 months. I was thinkin' about tryin' to send him this thread and see if he replies. Maybe do it over e-mail or something.

That looks pitiful. I was going to try and get a set for a christmas present or something, but now I know I will just pass on it. Thanks for the heads up.
wink.gif

his first series of work was garbage, it was soo bad, that he did in fact contact previous customers and offered to fix their fairing inners I guess to make up for the poor job and the so called problem he had before with his painter...............

ANYWAYS, the proof is in the pudding.
I think he is lost in the sauce or caught up in those tornados in florida, because he thought the work was perfect when he sent it.
bottom line, the work is terrible.  I'm def. convinced that it was painted with spray paint, I mean actual spray can paint.
The guy who is fixing them now said that if it was bad he'd just have to do some minor repair,
BUT IT WAS SUCH A MICKEY MOUSE JOB THAT HE WAS LIKE JESUS, YOU SAID IT WAS BAD, NOT GOD DAMN AWFUL!
I HAVE TO RESAND AND REPAINT ALL THE PIECES ALL OVER AGAIN FOR YOU.

i'm still pist

btw, BSBUSA, def. show him the post and email him the link to this thread

in his defense what can you say when this is what the result is? trust me when I say I'm not out to hurt anyone's business, but I have to put a stop from anyone else getting trash from RACEREADY.

Will, go back to the drawing board for the 3rd time, you need help.... or go join the circus or something.
I'm actually embarrassed for you.

<!--EDIT|TAZEONE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093007512 -->

Well, I did try to warn everyone about this since last year. I was probably the first here to critique RaceReady's quality of work. He since then has tried to make good on them by re-doing them the correct way, but I've since found someone who does them here locally. My buddy Chris does inners (the right way...) and only charges $180 and he pays return shipping. He sands them, primes them, uses flex agent and a promoter and comes out with a product that is basically flawless. He did mine for free just to gain the interest of others. And he truly does stand behind his work.

Brian

Thank you for the welcome to the boards.

Im the guy that is fixing theese pieces for the person who started this post.

I have now found out that the paint was not actually low quality it was the lowest quality it was not done with a spray gun but rather a "rattle can" if you go to a paint store most places can put normal auto paint into a "rattle can" for you to use as touch up paint but not to actually paint a full piece.

I now have to completely strip these pieces sand them down properly to get rid of alot of the texture that was never removed from the piece and completely redo all six pieces of the inner fairing panels.

I am also going to go out on a limb here and say that these panels were not sprayed in a spray booth but rather in a shop or even worse possibly some ones garage I honestly cant beleive how terrible the quality of work on these pieces is.

I really hope that no one gets ripped off for this type of work again.

Again thank you for welcoming me to the boards as unfortunate as the reason that I am here is but thank you very much none the less.

Well, I did try to warn everyone about this since last year.  I was probably the first here to critique RaceReady's quality of work.  He since then has tried to make good on them by re-doing them the correct way, but I've since found someone who does them here locally.  My buddy Chris does inners (the right way...) and only charges $180 and he pays return shipping.  He sands them, primes them, uses flex agent and a promoter and comes out with a product that is basically flawless.  He did mine for free just to gain the interest of others.  And he truly does stand behind his work.

Brian
BA, I am going to send you a PM.

yeh, i'm actually bout to go in the business of promoting people to stay away from this jerk.
no one deserves this kind of work to be done period, not even by accident.

I'm a true rider and have love for everyone on 2 wheels whether it's a cruiser/harley or mx bike.......
I stop when I see another rider in need and I wave to all 2 wheelers on the road.......

and this isn't how you treat customers or other riders.  it's a damn shame.
Sorry that you got stung. Nobody from this site should get stung the way you did. Hopefully people will read and listen before jumping and buying...

Those were some trashed up pieces. How does someone mail that thinking he did a good job? Sorry you got burned by this guy and thanks for the warning.

Well, I did try to warn everyone about this since last year.  I was probably the first here to critique RaceReady's quality of work.  He since then has tried to make good on them by re-doing them the correct way, but I've since found someone who does them here locally.  My buddy Chris does inners (the right way...) and only charges $180 and he pays return shipping.  He sands them, primes them, uses flex agent and a promoter and comes out with a product that is basically flawless.  He did mine for free just to gain the interest of others.  And he truly does stand behind his work.

Brian
The same guy did mine last year and the same guy (BA) warned me last year. But after being put off by Nick, I was in a hurry, so I went with Race Ready. Mine actually looked pretty good, but it didn't last. I was taking the Inners on and off a few times and they started peeling a lot. This year, I went to BA's guy Chris. He gave me a 3-day turn around and did a great job. I was remiss at reporting on this.

So that I don't jack this thread, I will start a new one with the info and pics.

Back