Raceready panels?

dtshortt

Registered
Thinking of dropping some cash to order a set of dash panels from these guys for my 06 LE. Would like to know how their "color-matched paint" has turned out for anyone else. I'm a little suspicious and don't want 4 different shades of white on my bike if I can help it. They are not cheap in my eyes and hope they actually color match to make their product worth the price. Thoughts?

http://www.raceready.us/

My 03 Anniversary Orange did not come back an exact match. They were far more orange than the copper color the bike actually is, although, I've been told by several sources that's a difficult color to match. I had the panels reshot by a local painter who had my plastic right in front of him as a reference and he got them pretty close. I've not heard alot of compliants but can recall a few, and not sure I've yet seen any white panels done on the board here..

Would probably not use him for the Anny orange again, but would go back to him for a different color............No complaints about work quality other than you just have to be very careful installing and un-installing for work like oil changes and such, as those painted edges and corners chip very easily.
sad.gif

Just my .02.....

I've got them on my '03 silver and gray Busa and they match very well...had 'em for over a year now and they are showing some wear, so I've already invested in some touch up pens from ColorRite to hide the wear...

All in all, I'm pleased with them, but I kind of wished I'd opted for the ones that are sanded down and smooth...

sm_horg_busa4.JPG

(VaBusa @ Oct. 13 2006,05:28) I've got them on my '03 silver and gray Busa and they match very well...had 'em for over a year now and they are showing some wear, so I've already invested in some touch up pens from ColorRite to hide the wear...

All in all, I'm pleased with them, but I kind of wished I'd opted for the ones that are sanded down and smooth...
They look great on your bike. Color looks pretty dang close from where I am standing! I like your paint there in that pic, everything just flows really well. And yeah I was kinda thinking I would go that smooth surface route as well. How about turnaround time for shipping and stuff?

(dtshortt @ Oct. 13 2006,09:08)
(VaBusa @ Oct. 13 2006,05:28) I've got them on my '03 silver and gray Busa and they match very well...had 'em for over a year now and they are showing some wear, so I've already invested in some touch up pens from ColorRite to hide the wear...

They look great on your bike. Color looks pretty dang close from where I am standing! I like your paint there in that pic, everything just flows really well. And yeah I was kinda thinking I would go that smooth surface route as well. How about turnaround time for shipping and stuff?
I don't think turn around time was bad...hubby ordered 'em for me for Christmas last year and I think the guy had a set that he agreed to paint for my '03 with the understanding that I'd send back my original panels, so I was never without the uppers on my bike. I don't know if that's a standard thing...I do know that he said the company was good to work with, no problems or issues...

The guy that my husband talked to told him he had the rough painted surface on his and didn't have problems with them, so for the $, just having 'em paint over the rough surface isn't a bad option...for the looks, getting them smoothed out is definitely sweet.
smile.gif

The wear on mine is minimal, so I'm not complaining too much considering the bike's been in the rain and I don't baby it...they're holding up fairly well...I wouldn't go back to unpainted panels after having 'em
cool.gif

Thanks for the compliments...I have the hubby to thank for the paint lines flowing so well...he bought the painted uppers, he took my Busa to a local paint shop and had the frame painted with a stripe...he's making MY Busa just like he wants it LOL

Oh boy! Kasana will jump in here too I bet!

As far as RR? Forget it! I waited months..got a shid paint job. Never even tried for a refund. Chalked it up for a loss.

They were not even close in color. Full of dust and dirt in the clear coat. And the runs in the clearcoat was something that had to be seen. I might have a couple of pictures.

If you want them done right..go here:

http://gatorcustoms.net/main.html

Fantasic work. Great color match! I have a small fortune in mine but only do to the shid work by RR.

runeight...

p.s. deleted the RR panel shots. Enclosed Gator shots..

CIMG0187.JPG

(runeight @ Oct. 13 2006,08:48) Oh boy! Kasana will jump in here too I bet!

As far as RR? Forget it! I waited months..got a shid paint job. Never even tried for a refund. Chalked it up for a loss.

They were not even close in color. Full of dust and dirt in the clear coat. And the runs in the clearcoat was something that had to be seen. I might have a couple of pictures.

Fantasic work. Great color match! I have a small fortune in mine but only do to the shid work by RR.

runeight...

Any chance you might remember a ballpark price? Their website doesn't show much for those panels. I know I can always try and contact them for info directly. Did you exchange your originals or have yours painted by Gatorcustoms?

I might add that painting these panels is not an easy task. The plastic is pressed into shape with a release agent. This agent stays in the plastic therefore a reducer (for a lack of a better word) has to be applied so the paint will stick to the plastic. If not done right the paint will lift in short order.

I highly recomend using Ron at Gator Customs.

If I remember my first quote was around $275.00 but the panels were already sanded smooth. The final price was higher though because of the labor to fix the shid job done by RR.

Better to call Ron directly. Just great people over there.

runeight...

(runeight @ Oct. 13 2006,19:13) bought time to send yours in big T?

runeight...
I decided against it. I need that black to balance out the rest of my color scheme.

I gave two of the lowers to Big E and will eventually put the rest of the inners on the auction site for s/h.

Thanks for the panels!
smile.gif

(that doesn't have the same ring as the kickstand)

(runeight @ Oct. 13 2006,11:48) Oh boy! Kasana will jump in here too I bet!

runeight...

HERE I IS...
OK I JUST WORKED AN 18HR SHIFT
SO I'LL BE BRIEF. TOMORROW I'LL GIVE THE FULL STORY & LINK IT HERE. ALSO SEE IF THE MODS WILL MAKE IT A STICKY.

NOW I'M SURPRISED HE'S STILL DOING BUSINESS.
DO NOT-DON'T-EVER-NEVER SEND YOUR PANELS TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNLESS YOU WANT IT LOOKING LIKE, YOU TOOK SANDPAPER & SPRAY-PAINT TO IT. AND I'M NOT EVEN REMOTELY EXAGGERATING!

I DIDN'T WANT TO TRASH HIM...I LET IT GO. I WARNED RUNEIGHT ABOUT HIM. BUT DIDN'T GIVE HIM THE WHOLE STORY. AND GUESS WHAT, HE SCREWED UP HIS PANELS. SO I'M GOING TO SET IT STRAIGHT. NOT TO HURT HIS BUSINESS(I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE, NOONE ELSE GOES THRU WHAT WILL HAPPEN) JUST NEED A LITTLE SLEEP FIRST.

HERE IS SOME OF WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM GATOR CUSTOMS. EVERYTHING THEY'VE DONE FOR ME...FLAWLESS. BTW CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO MAKE THEM BIGGER.

GATOR CUSTOMS HEADLIGHT CONVERSION
GATOR GLASS TAIL
GATOR CUSTOMS HEADLIGHT LIT-UP

Gator_Customs_4__Small_.jpg

that covers it pretty well Kasana. I didn't even bother with a refund from him and did not want them done over by RR either. $300 in the hole from the start.

I figure I'll cost RR enough in lost sales to more than cover my loss. So far..so good.

You people don't realize how long I have been waiting for this post!!
laugh.gif

Revenge is sweet..

runeight...

get em
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
biggrin.gif

no seriously when I saw what he did to runeight's & then after mine
I knew he was some fly-by-night 1/2 a$$ customizer.
I'm not being mean, I didn't even mention how many unreturned calls there were. I could call right now, I bet he doesn't answer.

I'm going to still explain what exactly happened. It needs to be said. I got a lot of negative criticism on his work. But today is just too beautiful to bother w/ that.
Will post up in the morning!

BTW after Runeight got his fixed
eek2.gif

I love his bike: ti bolts, Rizoma everywhere, silver is my fave color on any vehicle. So friggin clean!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif

I really wish he didn't go thru what I did. But it looks a lot better now!!

sorry guys if this thread touched a nerve,
pissed.gif

but I really do appreciate the info and the warnings, so to speak!

(dtshortt @ Oct. 14 2006,18:07) sorry guys if this thread touched a nerve,
pissed.gif

but I really do appreciate the info and the warnings, so to speak!
no worries bro
just don't want another Busa getting messed up

I'll tell you this
Mr. S charges I believe $340 for smoothed & painted
Gator a lil more, w/ about twice the quality.

Now if I did it all over again:
CF inner panels!!!!!!!
GATOR CUSTOMS IS THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS
But I just don't like wasting $$$(Race Ready) & then paying someone else to fix it

Ron will tell you these panels were not made to be painted. It can be done, but it has to be done right & that's why it costs so much.

RR: paint runs, not even smoothed completely, different color paint,etc,etc

Back