Racer Lee Shierts injured in crash

Gixx1300R

Registered
Hey Cop.Lee was not speeding.The Sports utility vehicle cut him off and he was hit at a high rate of speed.

This just posted to the ZX-12 LIST:
By Anonymous on Sunday, August 15, 1999 - 12:49 am:

On a sad note, Lee was involved in a car/bike collision, and
is in critical condition,
Lee Shierts wrote the 200mph Hayabusa article in Road Racing World and is the E.T.A. 200mph record holder on his Bus'
Lets focus on collectively helping Lee with our prayers.
Any one who has ever watched him ride has seen the edge of the envelope.
Get well soon Lee.
ducmanic
Los Angeles

You were 5 minutes ahead of me in posting this info. If you havent read the first link that I posted you might find it interesting to check out. This news made really me think twice about going for a top speed burst on the weekend.

My prayer will go out to Lee Shierts and I will ask my wife to pray for him also.My wife also went thru a motorcycle accident also and came out ok,but she has turned to God who she said saved her life when going down between a Semi-truck and snow plow truck in Northern California and her out look on life has changed since the accident.I'm not going to preach to anyone but a Little prayer might do the trick from everyone to help Lee pull out of this one.My DOLLARS worth.

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 15 August 1999).]

Coops,
I read the URL link. Lee has been a roll
model for me since i saw him practice at The
Pomona AMA National in 1994. The 200mph article said it all.
When was this accident? Last Sunday?

ducmanic
Los Angeles

FalconCop, that is a little insensitive as a fellow busa owner is severely injured and in the hospital. Prayers go out to Lee and his family.

Your right Kawabuser! Lee is who needs as many prayers as he can get right now. My question was out of place , sorry

from one motorcycle enthusiast to another. i hope everything goes well for the shiert's family.

cop161, thank's for the info...frank

Hi Cop, I know you dont make the laws but why is it so easy to get a drivers license? I mean look at the regimen one has to go through to get a pilots license which to me is no more dangerous to anyone than driving a car, unskilled and unhealty car drivers kill many. Speed may be important but lack of alertness and skill may supercede. Your thoughts?

I doubt Lee was using speed unwisely, as FalconCOP would like to believe everyone does but him.

I read his article and it was very informative and helpful. I hope he gets well soon! We are pray'n for his prompt return to us out here on the edge. :)

Back