Raced a Malibu SS w/ 700 hp, smoked it

mikeyusf

Registered
Sup guys, I raced a Malibu SS tonight, it's a fast car! easily a high 9's car, it had about 500hp stock, and about an extra 200 on squeeze. It has 13" rear slicks, and it completely hollowed out. We raced 3 times in a desolate 5 lane road in the middle of no-where, and launched on flashlight-

smoked it, 3 out of 3 times, the last one was a ballz out, front tire in the air through 3rd gear, clutchless shifting hard charge by my busa. Took it by at least 8 car lengths the last time! w00t!!!!

Mike

good job! post pics..
laugh.gif

Haven't heard of a Malibu SS with 500hp stock. maybe 500hp normally aspirated??

I'm not sure if 700 hp would put that Titanic into the 9's....

Maybe high tens.....but either way, didn't matter much, huh?

yea this car is awesome. It is completely hollowed out. It has a tube frame and rollcage, no AC, no alternator, and is a 100% drag car (it is street legal, barely&#33
wink.gif
. They have to charge the battery at the track to get it to run, and they brought it on a flat bed tow-truck!

Dood when I saw that car roll up on the back of a flat bed tow truck, I was like "holy crap, what have I got myself into"

But I went down -1 in the front of my bike and my launches were ON! The bike was hooking up big time out of the hole, and that's what made the difference. It was a blast, probably one of the faster cars I've ever seen or raced

Mike

Sup guys, I raced a Malibu SS tonight, it's a fast car! easily a high 9's car, it had about 500hp stock, and about an extra 200 on squeeze. It has 13" rear slicks, and it completely hollowed out. We raced 3 times in a desolate 5 lane road in the middle of no-where, and launched on flashlight-

smoked it, 3 out of 3 times, the last one was a ballz out, front tire in the air through 3rd gear, clutchless shifting hard charge by my busa. Took it by at least 8 car lengths the last time! w00t!!!!

Mike
Hey Mikeyusf,

You wouldn't happen to be talkin' 'bout the "IMPALA SS" would you??? I was just thrown off a little by the Malibu SS thing. Honestly didn't know that the Malibu had such HP stock. I really want the Impala SS as a second vehicle, but my money's funny and my change is strange. I settled for a Gran Prix GTP Wide Trac for now.

Brian

good job. you have definetly brighten my day. All I see is a sea of white stuff and my baby in the garage at least for another month.

It was kinda like this one, but about 10X meaner looking, had a kick ass "flip-flop" flame job on the front of it-

http://www.berlinerclassiccars.com/autos....0SS.htm

picture that car with a raised hood, hollowed out, and mean as hell!

I love those old classic muscle cars, I got so much respect for them. I see those "slow and curious" idiots with their civics with unpainted body paneling, huge rediculous spoilers and ear breaking mufflers and I just shake my head.

If you're going to race on the street, do it against something worth your time. I need to get some pics and audio of this malibu, I gotta admit my heart stopped when I saw what I was racing, and when I heard it start up I was like "ohhhh crap!!!" lol

But all in all it was good fun. I was working on my launches with my friend Cal, and I went down -1 in the front, If you can hang with a car off the line, you'll pull it hard when you roll onto 80+mph. Best part about the busa, it's ready to run whenever you are

Mike

I would hope that you would kill him on the street from a stop. With all that HP on the street, it would be hard to put to the ground. What tires??? Slicks? DR? I hope he doesn't get caught with non-DOT tires on that thing on the street. Yeah, that HP is impressive, but to get it to the ground takes skill with street tires. Good kill anyway. You didn't happen to get it on tape did you? I think I would be scared to line up against him. I've seen Camaros street racing stock loosing control, and almost killing some people. Crazy crap.

Back