Raced a 2004 SVT F150 Lightning Yesterday.

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
This guy pulled-up beside me yesterday at the light and told me that he wanted to race me to the next light. I said, "Ok". The light turned green and we were off :-) I left him sitting at the light :-0 I looked in the mirror and didn't see him. Next thing I know the guy was right beside me. I looked at the speedo and I was around 140 mph on Pennsylvania Ave. After slowing down to a more appropiate speed I gave him the thumbs up.

I was very impressed with the SVT F150 Lightning. I researched the specs. Total horsepower is 380. Torque is 450 lb-ft. Also it has a supercharger on it. It's pretty fast.

I don't want to leave you with the wrong impression...I did whip his a$$.

D-

2004 SVT F150 ... cage
rock.gif

Can i see a pic?

If he makes the pulley change and chip which he polly will, it'll be closer next time.:;):

i had the bigger brother of the SVT Lightning...the 03 F-150 SuperCrew Harley Edition and it had the SuperCharger w/ 330 RWHP stock. It was big, but it was fast for a full size supercrew truck. I miss it daily, but then I see the BUSA sitting there and then I say no way!!
wink.gif

Guess I've been away from trucks for too long to realize an F150 can do 140 MPH.
rock.gif

I'm a Chevy man myself but I give props to the Lightning. From what I hear though, Ford has stopped production on them just as Chevy is releasing their Joe Gibbs truck to compete with it. Dodge also has a speed truck which runs about 20k more than the Chevy and Ford, but is has a Viper engine. Basically, it'll demolish both of 'em.

A dude I work with has the truck -bulldog- mentioned and he wants to race me. We haven't worked out the details yet but when it happens, the Org will know
wink.gif

The lightning is a mid 13 sec 1/4 mile truck. I would think that the stock busa with a moderate rider would still hand it it's a$$. Even if he changes pulleys and chips it, it will only be high 12's

That was a good kill ... do you hang out on Pennsylvania Ave on Wed night ... rumor has it that it is a fun place to be??

Nice...

Those Lightnings are not to be trifled with...those fuggers will hand many a cage it's azz on a plate.

I'd love to get me one...

I have a Lightning and don't know why the guy would want to run other than to see how bad he would get his @$$ beat. My Lightning is pullied, chiped, geard, the works and it will run low 12s on pump gas and it aint nuthing to my Busa, even when it was stock!

I'm a Chevy man myself but I give props to the Lightning. From what I hear though, Ford has stopped production on them just as Chevy is releasing their Joe Gibbs truck to compete with it. Dodge also has a speed truck which runs about 20k more than the Chevy and Ford, but is has a Viper engine. Basically, it'll demolish both of 'em.

A dude I work with has the truck -bulldog- mentioned and he wants to race me. We haven't worked out the details yet but when it happens, the Org will know
wink.gif
Actually the Dodge SRT-10 (the viper truck) will beat the Lightning, but in no way will the Dodge demolish the Ford. Fords new style Lightning is supposed to come out in either 06 or 07 and it will have over 500 hp, and it will still be at least $15,000 cheaper than the Dodge.

I to have a 01 lighting with many mods, and yet stock it could beat the dodge srt-10 truck. The problem it has is the rear end setup, no traction, no win. By time it hooks up it`s over !

Back