Race Tech Upgrades

killerrudy

Registered
Well it seems like this is the season for suspension upgrades. I have seen many articles lately about upgrades. Last week I dropped off my baby and theSkaz's for complete overhauls. New Seals, bushings, weight matching springs, and gold valve upgrades. Talk about night and day! 50mile highway drive home was no longer all bumpy and annoying feeling. Like a caddy now :cheerleader:. And the turn in is amazing. Bike wants to turn and does it without the fight anymore. Very happy with the decision to take it in to Race Tech. Very pleasurable experience. :thumbsup:

had the same done to mine a couple years back and it made a huge difference! you are going to enjoy the new ride!! :beerchug:

Killer, will do my install next week..how much labor charge did they nail u with? Did you have the front forks done only? Or did you put new components in the front forks and a new rear shock? tx's for any information

Killer, will do my install next week..how much labor charge did they nail u with? Did you have the front forks done only? Or did you put new components in the front forks and a new rear shock? tx's for any information

We had complete overhauls. Forks and rear shock. He did not need a new rear spring, but I did. I think total labor was right at 400 bucks and total bill for me was 1216.00.

My tip-in is rediculous. I took the bike to Palomar Mtn today and it was like riding a new much lighter bike. They also pushed the forks all the way up insead of 10mm short like we got them from the dealers. so it essentially lowered them 10mm in the front. I also have +1in dogbones in the rear with brand new shiney Q2s. I am now ready for the Busa Stampede lol.
IMG_0140[1].jpg

IMG_0141[1].jpg

IMG_0143[1].jpg

IMG_0140[1].jpg

IMG_0141[1].jpg

IMG_0143[1].jpg

+1 dogbones makes it a different bike for sure. Good upgrades. Having that rear shock done is huge for the bigger guys.

what front spring rate did u end up with skaz?

did u put thicker oil in too?

They were at least 1.10, I actually have not seen what was done. Killerrudy and Louie(Racetech) took care of all that. I just told them 260lbs and aggressive street riding with occasional track days.

Skaz, happy for ya man...can't wait to get mine on also...thanks for the numbers...they are telling me 8 hrs for install at 95/hr...gulp???

why don't you do the install yourself? they don't come with instructions?

Back