Race supercharger kit

ROTREXPOWER

Donating Member
Registered
Well Saturday is the big day. I don't get to race very often but I'm invited to the Brighton Speed Trials this Saturday (google it) its a classic sprint on the promonade of Brighton sea front. 1/4 mile one vehicle at a time. Not a drag race and not a drag strip, grip is vertually none existant but high 8's are possible.

I changed out my street supercharger kit for my race kit. Here she is:-

DSC03518.jpg

DSC03519.JPG

DSC03520.JPG

DSC03521.JPG

DSC03522.JPG

DSC03523.JPG

DSC03524.JPG

DSC03526.JPG

DSC03527.JPG

Can't read it, what are your numbers ? Make sure you post up how it goes for you.

With fairing on will be almost the same as the street kit as the supercharger sits in almost the same position. Unfortunately last time out I didn't put a ty bar across the front of the fairing were the triangular part normally fits. As a result they were ripped off at 160 mph and ended up in the fields in bits alongside the track. I am still looking for replacements. :(
look on my 384 bhp street thread for pictures of what it looks like with the fairing on. Thanks.

Well it rained. I did a practice run, bogged off the line (had my launch limiter set to low). 10.01 at 162. 3rd quickest but 10 mph faster than anyone else over the line. It didn't count for anything. That was in the dry. They don't stop for rain but obviously they don't allow you to race with a slick. I missed the first qualifier as it started to rain while we lined up for our run. I decided to go back to the van and swap out for a road tyre. I made the second qualifier but with a wet and oily (vintage machines drop oil everywhere) I could only manage a 12.8 at 136 aquaplaning up the track. I have a video of that run which I will get up by Wednesday. I will also get the bike back on the dyno and video its power. Just be patient :)

My question is how do you control the power per gear for smooth control? Like on turbos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Peak power is at peak revs so its quite easy to short shift and keep the power lower and wind it on at the top end.

That doesnt allow best power control for a true race application
I have been thinking an ams-1000 running a large bov would work but unsure
Im thinking in the prostreet application where control is everything

That would work and give dialing in consistancy as well. I would love to have the time to prep a full on Prostreet bike. i think the rules for supercharging are probably more lax then for turbo's??? A big supercharged motor would be quite a tool.

That would work and give dialing in consistancy as well. I would love to have the time to prep a full on Prostreet bike. i think the rules for supercharging are probably more lax then for turbo's??? A big supercharged motor would be quite a tool.

Yes im half done with my prostreet and the rules make me want to go that route but its cheeper for me to just finish with a sidemount turbo as i build all myself and cant afford anything else at this time

damn, sounds like you were getting squirrely at the top of 4th in that vid bro. wow.

Back