race stand question

jch364

Registered
ok when i first bought my girl i bought one of those yellow rear race stands that says suzuki on it. got it from the dealer. Now i really like the ease of use but it seemed a little on the wobbly side. so i decided to by a set of trex stands, front and back. At first i reported here i think that i loved them. and as for the front one i do in deed love it. However after using the rear for some time now I can only say how i really dont in the end like it at all. The reason is this. the wheels are too tight and dont rotate freely the way that they should so it makes it very hard to position it under the bike with one hand on it and the other on the bike holding it up in place. the other thing i dont like is the handle is just way to short and so it is really difficult by comparison to the old race stand to get the bike up on the stand. Im also not a big fan of the way the piece is designed to scoop up under the spools and slide down in place as you lift the bike.

so here is my problem I am looking for another rear stand. what is a good stand to use that has the easiest ease of use. good leverage. rolls well etc. something that solves the problems of the trex stand.
thanks

I have looked at pit bull. i know a lot of folks seem to like them. seem a little pricey but thats fine if it solves the problem. it just looks like th handle isn;t any longer than what i have with the trex. cant really tell by the pics though

I have the forward handle Pitbull for my Busa and it is not as the web shows with the little 600 being one-handed off the ground in the demo video. I am 5'9" at around 170 (I wish) and it takes all I have to hoist the busa with this rear stand. It is of great build quality and will probably last forever, but you need to use the force to lift your bike with it...

Pit Bull forward handle hear also, and love it.

Pitbull also.My brother-in-law bought a front&rear for $40,in excellent condition.Just happened to be outside,a pawn shop smoking!And ask the guy what wanted for them,$40!!:thumbsup:

so here is my problem I am looking for another rear stand. what is a good stand to use that has the easiest ease of use. good leverage. rolls well etc. something that solves the problems of the trex stand.
thanks

I myself am opting for the T-Rex. Many members have Pitbull, Redline, etc. However all seem that they would get the pitbull but go with something else due to the cost.

If you don't mind me mentioning on this thread, since I am relatively in search of a stand and have the same questions you have, let me expand on this. I am swaying towards the TRex stand myself. What problems does the Trex stand have as there have been threads here I have read indicating only happy TRex customers? No one has mentioned any problems. Plus, looking at the Trex spool stand in particular, the spool catch looks like a better design than the Pitbull. The tubing and design are relatively the same. So what was wrong with the TRex and what are the improvements that PitBull has? If someone can explain this for us? Or is Pitbull just a quality stand that just seems to have more popularity?

I never owned a trex stand and they may be of quality. I can only mention that as many n the past have done I went cheap at first, was completely unsatisfied and then bought pitbull stands. I haven't had any need to try any other stands since. Hell for all I know there could be a stand out there that only costs 50 bucks and is the best ever. I wouldn't know because I'm happy with my pit's. :cheerleader:

Pitbull here also. I'm wanting to get the neck pin adapter for my front stand, I tried out a buddies and it works great.

I have a PitBull front and rear, Handy front and rear, and T-Rex front and rear. Each of them work well and are quality products. Not too confident in the Handy front, so don't use it much. Cost being an issue I would go with either the T-Rex, Redline or PitBull (in order), but if money is no object I would go in reverse order.

ok when i first bought my girl i bought one of those yellow rear race stands that says suzuki on it. got it from the dealer. Now i really like the ease of use but it seemed a little on the wobbly side. so i decided to by a set of trex stands, front and back. At first i reported here i think that i loved them. and as for the front one i do in deed love it. However after using the rear for some time now I can only say how i really dont in the end like it at all. The reason is this. the wheels are too tight and dont rotate freely the way that they should so it makes it very hard to position it under the bike with one hand on it and the other on the bike holding it up in place. the other thing i dont like is the handle is just way to short and so it is really difficult by comparison to the old race stand to get the bike up on the stand. Im also not a big fan of the way the piece is designed to scoop up under the spools and slide down in place as you lift the bike.

thanks

Since we sponsor the site I'll shamelessly post up our url. T-Rex stands are okay but what I don't like about them is that they bolt together. I've sold many sets of Redline stands to guys who call me after owning a set of T-Rex stands because their stands eventually get wobbly at the bolt together joints from extended use. For this reason I'm proud that we go the extra mile to weld together the joints. Sure it makes them cost a bit more to ship but I think it's well worth it. Either get yourself a set of Redline or Pit Bull stands and either way you'll be happy though I hope you'll award your business to a company sponsoring our website hobby.

Ian Gilmore
Redline Engineering, Sportbike Swingarm Paddock Race Stands Sport Bike Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Kawasaki Honda Yamaha

strictly based on Ian's ethical business reply I would strongly consider their company. It's nice when a company can stand behind it's products without bashing others. :bowdown::thumbsup::beerchug::cheerleader:

Since we sponsor the site I'll shamelessly post up our url. T-Rex stands are okay but what I don't like about them is that they bolt together. I've sold many sets of Redline stands to guys who call me after owning a set of T-Rex stands because their stands eventually get wobbly at the bolt together joints from extended use. For this reason I'm proud that we go the extra mile to weld together the joints. Sure it makes them cost a bit more to ship but I think it's well worth it. Either get yourself a set of Redline or Pit Bull stands and either way you'll be happy though I hope you'll award your business to a company sponsoring our website hobby.

Ian Gilmore
Redline Engineering, Sportbike Swingarm Paddock Race Stands Sport Bike Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Kawasaki Honda Yamaha

so is there better leverage with either one of those stands? I understand what you mean about being bolted. its not been an issue for my yet.

I can't really say if our stand has more or less leverage than a T-Rex or Pit Bull stand. More important than the length of their extension handle is the height that the stand will lift the bike. The higher it lifts it the more force it will require to do so.

Ian

I bought my Redline stand about a month ago and it works perfectly. No wobbles or anything that makes me feel like it's unsafe for the heavy Busa. It doesn't require a lot of force to lift so that means I can operate it by myself. I'll be getting the matching Redline front stand once my finances allow it.

Back