Race bike or Poser bike?

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
Seems we have various styles here. Just curious how you all thought of your busa?

Me I consider it a "Heavy Weight" race bike! I am trying to straighten out all the twisties in the world.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Want an outside opinion?

I see "Busa owners as "Power Whores"

Nothing wrong with that, it's like muscle car owners....they never have enough power...more, more, more....gotta have more power.

In my mind, "Busa owners are akin to Muscle Car owners....wanna have the biggest, badest, fastest...even if they don't use it...they just psychologically enjoy knowing that

Wow I would have to say that is fairly accurate of some! I consider myself a horse rancher. Last check I had 163 horses that I had to feed. Problem is that most of the horses don't do any work but I still have to feed them! So why do I need more horses!!!

Some out there like Ninja eater puts all of his horses to work! That just aint me! One of the biggest reasons that is driving me to another bike!

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I appreciate your opinion...

...they never have enough power...more, more, more....gotta have more power.
That was me two years ago.
laugh.gif

I'm back to stock, hardly ever get on the throttle anymore, ride practically 365 days a year in ALL weather conditions and view the bike as nothing more than great, reliable transportation. But, I'll take a gamble that I'm alone in that thinking.
biggrin.gif

For me the 'Busa is the best all around bike.

On the last Vegas trip, I packed a bag on the back, wore a backpack, and "cruised" 3 hours to the Strip. Next day we ripped through some twisties, found some 150 mph straights, and I'm sure we could have found a local hangout to "pose" at with our bikes.

Myself, I love to take her to the twisties!

its funny the way we see thing cause i always thought of harleys as poser bikes.and there are some good looking ones out there.as for busas even if you start out as a poser your gonna be a rider when its done with ya !ive seen plenty of poser bike that are in garages for 5 years with 2k miles on them so its not if the bike is a poser but the rider lol

Good point Robt! So all the polished bikes do you guys take your machines to the track or rail your favorite piece of road?

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I can honestly say that if the wife hadn't of wanted the Busa then I would have gotten an R1 or a GSXR1. I'm not in anyway dissappointed with my decision to go with the Busa though. I know I just won't ever use it to its true potential, mostly just cruising with friends.

When I was deciding on a bike, I knew I wanted a sport bike because of twisties. I don't see the point in just cruising on a bike. After that, it was a matter of comfort for me. I'm 6'3", so I needed a larger bike. It was love at first site with the busa. I know it isn't as nimble as the smaller ones, but hey, how many of us are dragging our knees? It works just fine for me. Oh, and the power is something else.

I'd have to agree with Dave. I'm a power monger. It's one of those bigger, better, faster, things. If I would have wanter a knee dragger I'd have kept my 929. I love the combination of speed, power, and comfort.

Later,

Steve

i think of the busa as sort of a muscle car, tons of power, but heavy, and not the best in the corners.
but i'm into the whole import scene, i like nice light little cars with small engines putting out more power than they should, and still keeping up to the muscle cars.
guess i'm into big and small things..

Honestly..when i saw the first copper/silver Busa..i had mixed
emotions..about one..But then after reading "John Burns" Busa test....OMIG..Mildred S__T the bed..I knew i had to have one
but it took three years..Then seeing a Blue/silver...thats the one..I knew it wouldn't corner as fast as the smaller sport bikes..I'm OK with that..but it will corner good enough for me to get major adrenilin...fast enough to get you a ticket on the curves...And then theres the power...whenever it's possible
I will gasit up to full throttle 1st second , third....nuth'n like it!!
Rode it 8000 miles this last summer..Can hardly wait for spring
On another note...I enjoy this bike the best for long distance
blasts...200 to 500 mile day rides..all of a sudden yer somewhere...with a straight....or a set of twisty's.."lets play"

I am all show and anytime I can go. I have some small mod.
Bigger rear sprocket 43 tooth.
Air box mod
Pc II
K&N filter
Switchable TRE
Full race exhaust Yosh
Lowered
In process of chroming rims and what nots!
TWISTIT:1:

I ride mine mostly to and from work and on occasion I'll take it up to the moutains.

Want an outside opinion?

I see "Busa owners as "Power Whores"

Nothing wrong with that, it's like muscle car owners....they never have enough power...more, more, more....gotta have more power.

In my mind, "Busa owners are akin to Muscle Car owners....wanna have the biggest, badest, fastest...even if they don't use it...they just psychologically enjoy knowing that [/QUOTE]

EngIceDave your right..... call me a power wh$#@%ing or slut thats me!!!

allthetoys5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I WAS IN MARKET FOR A BIKE,I TOO READ JOHN BURNS ARTICLE ABOUT BUSA THE STATEMENT THAT GOT ME WAS THAT AN ENGINE ,CUSTOM BUILT, THAT WOULD PRODUCE THE HORSEPOWER OF A BUSA WOULD COST MORE THAN THE PRICE OF THE BUSA.
I RIDE EVERY DAY,NEVER HAD A BIKE AS GOOD IN THE WET AS BUSA,I TOUR ON MINE AND I CAN HAVE A GO WITH MY RACER BUDDIES WHEN THEY ARE IN THE MOOD.
I HAVE MORE FUN WITH DODGE VIPERS AND CORVETTES THAN THE LAW ALLOWS.
JUST A GOOD ALL AROUND BIKE,
ALSO I AM SHORT AND BUSA IS LOWER THAN A LOT OF SPORTBIKES
ALL THIS AND IT IS COMPLETELY STOCK AND NO TUNING HASSLES
NOW IF I COULD JUST BUY SOME STOCK IN BRIDGESTONE OR DUNLOP.

nuttin but a power bike. pure and simple. if the busa was not ever produced, I would not be riding. first time I saw/heard one, I bought one the next week, after not riding for 5 years. had no intention in riding again until I saw heard and felt the BLueSa.
biggrin.gif

it is amazing at the reaction from other people you know, find out they ride: oh, what do you ride? really? --> mine? it is a Hayabusa.... they almost faint! then I show them one in person. the look? PRICELESS!!!!!!!

Gas to dealership...$5

Price to look&Sit on bikes...$FREE

Cost of spending 1 hour sitting on a busa, bothering the salesman with a million questions they have no i dea of the answers, Telling them you really want the bike, and when they ask if I want them to start the paperwork, and say No. Then walkout the door without spending a dime, and see the look of annoyance on their faces....Priceless

Am I a poser?

I’ve always had fast cars and bikes. I’m addicted to the speed of a fast machine and love knowing that at any time I can roll the throttle or press the gas pedal and take off like a bat out of hell.

I have never liked having a stock machine, even though stock can be fast in its self. After-market parts are out there to make your bike perform or look better than the other guys. I don’t like having a bike that looks just like everyone else’s. I want to stand out in a crowd, to be an individual and make a statement. I want my bike to be one of a kind and not to look like anyone else’s. There is nothing wrong with having a stock bike, it’s just not for me.

There are bikes that are faster than mine and people who can ride better than me. I’ve had too many close calls in my longer days and have become older and wiser. I enjoy the Busa for knowing that the power is there to use anytime I feel like rolling on the power. I now pick and choose when that time will be and not ride like a crazy squid all the time.

I did not get the Busa for dragging knees into corners, there are other bikes that do a far better job for that purpose, but the Busa will hold its own with the right rider onboard. I enjoy hitting the back roads, but I know my limits and try not to exceed them.

The polished frame and wheels don’t make my bike any faster, but I believe it makes the bike look better. Some people like it and some don’t, I’m cool with that. This is what works for me.

People have different definitions of what a poser is. Someone who buys a sportbike but never goes to a track day or tears down a canyon road could be a poser. Someone who buys the fastest production bike but never goes to the drag strip to race it could be a poser. Someone who has a bike that is capable of going 186 mph + but never goes that fast could be a poser.

I don’t think I’m a poser, I just like having a bike that is capable of doing all this and knowing that the power is available when ever the urge arises.  Some people may disagree, but I’m happy with what I use the bike for and I only need to please myself not every other person out there.

Back