r77 install

Paulmc

Registered
Well I finally bought my r77 full carbon system and I couldn't be happier. We put it on last weekend and I took it out Sunday for 150 miles and it ran flawless. I installed the low volume sleeve since I do not have a pc3 as Greg said and it ran fine. Thanks to Greg at HPC for the great deal on the pipe and thanks to Kevin aka BADASSBUSABOY for the help on the install.

2009 spring pics 064.jpg

2009 spring pics 088.jpg

2009 spring pics 090.jpg

2009 spring pics 093.jpg

2009 spring pics 096.jpg

Wow... Great job, night and day..
I see you have the ever so inspired fastest colors sport'n' on the wall behind your work area. That might help inspire the color black to go faster, but me think NOT..
*try this, it worked for Dorthy*:
"Theres' no place ahead of Red n Black, there's no place. [click-click-click] Theres' no place ahead of Red n Black, there's no place [click-click-click]"
:laugh:

mybike.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I just pulled my baffles out of my r77 and about to go see how they sound....

I started it with the baffle out and it sounded great but I'll wait til I get the pc3 on and a custom tune before I pull it for good.

Looks great I have the same exhaust except mine is finished in titanium. You will love them once you get a few miles on them they really start to open up.:thumbsup:

I started it with the baffle out and it sounded great but I'll wait til I get the pc3 on and a custom tune before I pull it for good.

Looks great man.
That's what I want on my Busa, when I get one! :lol:
I have a question, though, on the PCIII.
Why would you need a custom tune with the PCIII?
The Dynojet site lists the R77 map directly.
Please explain the process in detail, because, frankly, I'm very confused as to how a PCIII is used and programmed. After you physically install the PCIII, what needs to be done? I assume the R77 map is loaded before the install?
Help!
What do you do if you don't have acess to a laptop?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Thanks
Lenny

the install is pretty easy. it's pretty much plug and play. With the tune, from what I have been reading, since every bike is different you can get more of a responsive tune through out the full range with a custom tune. It is all preference though on my last bike we just did the one off the site and it ran fine

Nice exhaust with black 09! I like my yoshi r77 full system. Not to loud, lighter, and a little more power then stock!

That system made 182 HP on a black/orange GEN II we tested over a year ago with baffle in and zero tune and stock filter. Based on what we know today those are really good numbers for a super street pipe. Looks great and most importantly YOU are happy. :beerchug:

Plenty more in stock. :beerchug:

Hey, since I live so close don't be suprised to wake up some morning to see an 08 orange, black busa with r77 on it and an 09 with yosh slipons on it. ha ha ha.:beerchug: See you at the quaker steak and lube. Now we have to get you to do a track day or day down beaver springs dragway.

need help !! need custom map for the r77 on a 09 busa the map i got on power commarder site loads up. to much fuel please!~~~

Back