R77 input needed. Will this melt?

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
The R77 sits pretty close to the plastic. I'm worried about melting my new stuff!

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

It will melt.

Yeppas, there's a good chance~!~

Some exhausts can be twisted around where they are not as close (if that's the header tube connection you might not be so lucky, but the smallest adjustments make a big difference)...my bud and I have the identical bikes with identical exhausts and his melts, mine did not...

If you can't adjust it, I would get some exhaust wrap and some heat shielding and stick on~!~

Last edited:
If it's not touching, I say it shouldn't.. But no guarantee's.. :whistle:

Let's see some pic's of 08 with R77 full systems.. Greg at HPC? anybody with pic's, that would eliminate any maybe's.. :thumbsup:

Theres a good 1/2 inch clearing from the closest point and the fairing has the reflective tape on it. The plastic barely touches the springs on the exhaust. There is no binding up anywhere.

i never had a problem with my R77 on my 08...it never melted anything. but it was not touching..there was a 1/4 inch of clearence..

I'd thin .5 clearance sounds pretty good...keep a feel on your spring the first ride out to see how much heat is transferred.

I'd still think about placing another layer of heat shield inside the fairing if any doubts~!~

Full R77 on my 08 and the springs touch on mine but not the pipes and no melting in two seasons.:thumbsup:

I have an 08 busa with the r77 full system. it is close but I havent had any melting in 9.9k miles. On my older 02 1k it was close with the akrapovic. I ended up putting thermo tech reflective heat wrap on the inner side of the fairing. No issues after installing!

I just need new springs... 2 of mine are jacked! Corrosion got to one of the two! Anyone know where I can get a few replacements for my r77 system?

never had an issue with mine. someone just got a hell of a deal on ebay from me, full system for $350. man i gave that thing away.

I would take it out for a short ride and take it back home and let it idle. Keep an eye on the areas where the exhaust is close to the plastics. If it looks like or feels like it is getting hotter then other areas I would at least put down some more of the heat tape that is already down.

Back