R1 wheel conversion with pic's

R1 wheels look good, and I'm sure there's a weight savings, but I would be hesitant about running a lighter, lower powered OE wheel from a different bike, onto a heavier more powerful bike.

There probably won't be a problem with doing it, but I do know that OEMs spend a lot of time optimizing parts, especially on something like an R1 where weight reduction is a huge design consideration.

A little update on this topic, after spending hours tracking posts and links to other sites and trying to get a hold of chopaleg on psycobike, I found his shop info and number. So all that are trying to contact him, shop is Total Performance Cycles Specialty Race Products for Motorcycles
contact info is on the main page. I talked to him on the phone today, sounds like a real good guy. He shipped out an axle to me today. I will post up my own thread when I do the conversion and exactly everything I used.

What is the weight difference between the stock Hayabusa and the R1 conversion front axle. The R1 conversion axle I have seen are very heavy.

So I am opening a old thread, but i have the r1 rims on and i am spacing out thrvrear caliper. Did anyone get a longer caliper bolt bc of the spacing from the washers? Or am i over thinking it. Pic below shows my space needed to space out.
30E9AF04-55A1-450F-8DB2-CD5AA5E3C867.jpeg

Yeah they are known for thier alulminum sprockets but they also make steel 1's. Reason I bought it was because it was the only 1 i could find for a R1 in that size the color black. Only $50 brand new off ebay, so I went with a vortex steel front sprocket 16 tooth to go with it. Ive researched alot on this mod and they said each rim is roughly 3lbs lighter than the stock busa rims. So minus the 6lb weight reduction and the 16/42 gearing change It rides like a completely different bike! :thumbsup: Definitely 1 of the best mods ive ever done on my bike.
So how does that differ from a stock setup? I'm not sure if thats more the low end or the top end. I'm not one to pull a bunch of wheelies but still nice every once in a while when I'm pulling off on a hell kitty. What sprocket setup would you suggest for a happy medium

Hi, sorry for digging up an old thread, but does anyone have the dimensions of this fabled front spindle, since Mr choppaleg has dissappeared?

Also wondering what the best set up for the rear disc/caliper is?
im not wanting to use the standard R1 rear disc, unless the caliper covers it properly.
so is there a larger rear disc which fits or smaller caliper bracket?
thanks

Hi, sorry for digging up an old thread, but does anyone have the dimensions of this fabled front spindle, since Mr choppaleg has dissappeared?

Also wondering what the best set up for the rear disc/caliper is?
im not wanting to use the standard R1 rear disc, unless the caliper covers it properly.
so is there a larger rear disc which fits or smaller caliper bracket?
thanks
Try this for the axel. Brad Christian from A1 choppers. Find him on Facebook and tell him what you’re looking for. Year of your bike and the year of the wheel

Back