R1 Steve on America's Most wanted

Relsek

Registered
Some of you may remember my friend Steve that was hit on his way to work just before Christmas a year ago, then died two weeks later from the injuries.

They are still looking for the cowards that fled the scene and now AMW is in on the hunt.

If you don't recall the story, below are links to the various threads that were started about the whole thing.

Kevin

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137537557 -->

Very cool! I hope and pray that AMW find and throw the book at 'em.... literaly...hit 'em upside the head with it... several times!
wink.gif

I wasn't a member of the board at that time, so I never read those threads. Now that I have, I have a question. It was said the people were tracked by dogs to a house but none admitted to being the driver. Did the cops just take their word for it and leave it at that? Its bad enough the cowards left him for dead. But then to have to police track down the possible suspects and let him/them go is even more upsetting!

My condolences ...

I wasn't a member of the board at that time, so I never read those threads. Now that I have, I have a question. It was said the people were tracked by dogs to a house but none admitted to being the driver. Did the cops just take their word for it and leave it at that? Its bad enough the cowards left him for dead. But then to have to police track down the possible suspects and let him/them go is even more upsetting!

My condolences ...
I don't know what happened there, I was more concerned with Steve's survival at the time more than anything else.

I hope the catch and hang the people that hit Steve!
mad.gif

You did a great job on the Steve Mead video, Kevin. I play it occasionally to remind myself to try to enjoy life more, because you never know when it's going to end!
wink.gif

Did they at least get fingerprints off the steering wheel/interior of the van, or don't they bother to do that when someone gets killed by a hit-and-run driver who leaves the vehicle at the scene?
mad.gif

I too hope they find them Kevin...Steve is not forgotten...it was very sad to watch that story unfold...
sad.gif
 His family and friends are in my thoughts...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137700541 -->

I did not know Steve, but I have had friends kill by hit and run. I hope that miserable wretch can live with themself. Cowardly, nutless irresponsible people. Cagers need to be educated on laws and penalties for violation. That is not to mention human decency.

Jason

I have a friend that is on the LPD I can ask him if he remembers anything from that day and if he can give me any info or maybe why the people were not charged there must be more to the story with the people they tracked down.

I have a friend that is on the LPD I can ask him if he remembers anything from that day and if he can give me any info or maybe why the people were not charged there must be more to the story with the people they tracked down.
I don't think lpd was involved, it was the county. The van they were in was registered to sombody in Colorado. I don't know all the details, I do know that the Polk County Sheriff's office is not a bunch of slackers.

By the way, I saw his daughter last night and talked with her for a while. She is doing pretty good for a 16 year old girl that lost her dad a year ago.

Kevin

Back