R1 rear wheel swap, anyone found a 240mm rotor to fit R1 bolt pattern??

gsxr1216

Registered
So i got both front and rear R1 wheels fit now, took it for a spin, ETC only thing I'm not happy with is the 220mm rear R1 disk with my oem busa hanger thats set for a 240mm rear disk so only half the pad is riding on the rotor.

Has anyone found a OEM or aftermarket 240mm rear disk that has the R1 bolt pattern on it by any chance???

if i cant find a 240 that will work i guess i will have to design up a new caliper hanger and cut it from billet that will reposition my caliper to the right location to work with the 220mm R1 rotor.

Any info would be appreciated!:thumbsup:

0501041647b.jpg

Instead of doing all that just buy an R1 rear caliper off ebay cheap and a top mount bracket for it. There's threads on PB that take it step by step

Instead of doing all that just buy an R1 rear caliper off ebay cheap and a top mount bracket for it. There's threads on PB that take it step by step

That wont work for me really as my track wheels have the busa rotors on them so thats why i'm trying to get the same rotor diameter so its just a simple wheel swap back and forth. if i have to make a new hanger than i only need to remove three more bolts for the wheel swap.

So i'm gonna guess nobody has found a rotor that will work judging by the amount of replies so far... bummer..

buy a gsxr caliper hanger and caliper and swap them when you change wheels... only takes seconds to bleed rear brake

A gsxr caliper and hanger will work? I just put the r1 wheels on. I picked up a r1 caliper and hanger. Anyone have pics or any idea's on mounting the r1 caliper with a stock swing arm? I tried the TL 1000 caliper hanger. The inside of the busa caliper hits the hub area on the r1 wheel with the TL part. How much would it be for someone to make a handful of 240mm r1 rotor's? I would buy one.

I would be interested in 1 as well :beerchug: I bought the R1 caliper and a TL hanger along with the adams top mount triangle and I still couldn't get it to work. A lot of Busas that I seen were able to make it work were Gen2's so Im not sure if the spacing is different but Ive heard and seen quite a few of us with Gen1's that are having trouble mounting that setup. I would be a lot easier like you said to have a rotor cut to the R1 bolt pattern and have it made 240mm instead of the 220. Googled around for a while and couldn't find a shop that makes custom rotors so IDK?

it's off a early 1000 for sure, and i think the srads are all the same as well!

I may try this when I find a good deal on AM wheels to toss on my R1. I have a 2000-01 GSXR 1K Rear arm complete & a 01-03 GSXR 600 rear arm w/ brake parts. Spares for my track bike. So it would appear I have what I need, just to find wheels for the R1... The Busa wheels are unattractive and an aged look, for sure.

Back