R-77 Yoshimura Slip-ons

wildone

Registered
Hi all! Have a couple of "stupid" questions, hoping someone can assist. I just received my R-77 slip-ons and the package came with two 8" long pipes--They are identified as low volume pipes--what are they used for and where do u place them? Instructions don't say anything. Also, you're supposed to drill a 3/16" inch hole thru your new pipe and into the stock one to keep it from turning--is this necessary?? And one more thing--packing is supposed to be replaced every 5,000 miles--necessary and where do u get replacement packing and do u remove the springs on the front end of the can to insert the packing??

I know, I know---I sound like a 4th grader but I've never done this stuff when it comes to exhaust systems before--really appreciate any and all helpful info!!!!!

Leave out the low volume pipes, leave the springs as they are. I didnt drill a hole in mine, the clamps and bolts that assemble them all together have held for over 6k miles.

Thanks for info---do the "low volume pipes" affect anything such as being louder if put or left out/ or maybe performance, horsepower, etc.?

Just sound really, leaving them out will produce a lower raspy sound. It will be quieter with them installed. Also remember, the hanger clamps are marked left and right. Make sure you use the correct clamp for each side or they will not be centered.

Back