qustions on Brocks Billet Clutch Mod and Cushion for turbo

arthur39

Registered
would they be beneficial? I have an Gen1 03, with around 250hp. I have the brock's billet clutch mod right now. I'm thinking of adding the cushion and spacer if it is worthwhile for launches in an 03 setup. I have Schnitz HD springs in there now, but thinking of going to Ape because of the mod.

I have the Brocks clutch mod, but haven't installed it yet, might loose it if it isn't beneficial for a turbo setup

It will slip under the power of the turbo. You need to get a lockup or use the stock clutch with heavy springs.

that's what I thought, thanks, a lockup would be nice, I only have 2 stages of boost on my street bike ams500. Hard winter decision :whistle: more spring or a lockup at this point.

i dont have much exp with a turbo bike but if you abuse the stock back torque limiter it will bend the basket causing some clutch problems, if your gonna run the stock style for a bit i'd throw that clutch mod in. i have no exp with the cushion mod.

You should be fine with the setup you have now...My bike was 240hp all motor and only thing I had was clutch mod. (Turbo'd it making 350 now) If you want smooth consistent launches though I'd go with a multi-stage. They average about $750 if you already have a billet hub...$1000 if you don't.

if things fall through, looks like I will be going with a mtc multistage over the weekend. I'll be using a quickshifter for shifts since it is mainly a street bike. THe bike has a 2 stage boost controller so I doubt I will need all the stages. Second stage is triggered by a multi function hug. If anyone has used the mtc multistage on the street let me know. Interested to see what has worked for them.

thanks Paul, Have read that article a couple of times :laugh:, anybody know if an orient express cast quick access cover will fit an MTC multistage??

thanks Paul, Have read that article a couple of times :laugh:, anybody know if an orient express cast quick access cover will fit an MTC multistage??

39: a multistage lockup works great in the street, so does the Hays convertible. I believe the OE cover will work fine, keep in mind that RCC makes a much nicer cover, a cover that has only 3 allen bolts holding it on, and when it is removed, it is the only cover I have seen that exposes a large part of the sides of the clutch basket itself - making it a lot easier to work on the clutch. I have seen a lot of covers, and RCC's is the best one out there . . .:laugh:

Stay away from the orient express cover,trust me.Call RCC and be done with it.Been there and wasted cash.:banghead:

Back