Quietest helmet?

I haven't pulled the trigger as yet on the AGV , think I will read up a bit more and have a think ... about 3k carbon and titanium d rings ...
When you guys say $10 dollar head , you are bragging because you are talking US $ ... My $10 head is AU $ ...
And as for sag , Toad always adjust the sag'n ass and ball sac , very frequently and fairly thoroughly before mounting L2 , actually ... a must do , before any enjoyable mounting is to take place !!

My AGV was under $300 US and I love it. Has the internal visor and it is lightweight. I just wish I could find the replacement internal visor I have been wanting.

My AGV K3 isnt SNELL certified. Guess I have to take it back....

It isn't Snell rated because of the internal visor.
Cool as that is, it's a weak point, and not as strong throughout the top center as a result.
As long as YOU the rider are comfortable with what you wear, that's all that matters.
Be it a turtle shell or full leathers and a $1k dollar helmet.
I was never trying to say any specific helmet was better than another.:beerchug:

I also can't see myself spending $600+ on a helmet

yeah I told myself the same thing, can't see myself spending $600 on a helmet until I tried an Aria. After I got it I told myself, if I had known the comfort and fit, I would have done it along time ago.:thumbsup:

I knew it, I knew it.:rolleyes: Now, what kind of tire, oil, exhaust, windscreen, levers, pegs, muffler bearings and blinker fluid is the best? BTW, DamNear brand 10/40w blinker fluid is the best stuff out there.:)

After owning a cheap HJC and hitting my head on the ground at about 40mph, I can honestly say I will never own another HJC or a cheap helmet.

Brain was scrambled pretty bad, and it took about 3 years to get back to normal. Massive concussion, 24 hour memory loss, severe mood swings, short term memory issues, etc...... Never again. For the first year once about every couple days I would get so confused I was walking around my office not knowing what was happening. I would have to sleep in order to get back to normal. It went from every couple days to every week, to every two weeks, three weeks etc. By the second year it was every couple months I would have a bad day. By year three it was every six to eight months.

Not something I recommend to anyone, and don't know if I could go through it again. I will be getting a Shoei or Aria depending on what fits the best.

***Just looked it up and the HJC I had is DOT and Snell 2010 Approved. So who knows*** Still going to buy a better helmet

Last edited:
I had an HJC during my accident last year. It did just fine. I replaced it anyways. I view helmets the same as car seats. Replace after each accident.

Helmet certification standards are a highly controversial subject in motorcycle circles, everyone wants to believe their helmet’s certification standard is number 1 but at the end of the day it’s down to each rider to do their research, make their decision and the wear their helmet. Every time.

Agreed, Keep in mind DOT is a minimum standard.

It isn't Snell rated because of the internal visor.
Cool as that is, it's a weak point, and not as strong throughout the top center as a result.
As long as YOU the rider are comfortable with what you wear, that's all that matters.
Be it a turtle shell or full leathers and a $1k dollar helmet.

I have a Scorpion EXO1000 that has an internal visor and a Snell rating. Heavy helmet but it has lasted eight years now.
I was never trying to say any specific helmet was better than another.:beerchug:
Higher maybe but aren’t their tests conducted differently? One is mostly a drop (impact) test and the other is like how much pinpoint pressure it can withstand. Something like that. It’s good to have both ratings.

Agreed, ratings are not just about the actual tests. They also have to do with the way manufactured helmets are culled and selected for test. I myself prefer SNELL or ECE and would not trust my Yuge Noggin to any DOT only certified helmet.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/helmet-safety-ratings-101

I had an HJC during my accident last year. It did just fine. I replaced it anyways. I view helmets the same as car seats. Replace after each accident.
My HJC is a high end model and it works fine although I find the turbulence coming from the Puig screen causes it to push back on my face more than I'm used to. I was told my helmet might be too blunt and may need to get a more aerodynamic one???

Back