Quietest Aftermarket Exhaust

mrracer98

Registered
Hey everyone...

Well I want a aftermarket exhaust (full) to take advantage of weight, and possibly some power, but I want a nice quiet system... Anyone have any good ideas? Thanks!

Quiet aftermarket system? LOL!

Lamb just bought the Brocks street smart series because it is supposed to be one of the quietest. Hardly quiet, 20% louder easy. 40% louder on the gas! Good luck on the search, Lamb doesn't think you'll have much success though. The drawback to breathing better is more sound. Hard to get around it apparently.

I think my Yoshi's are very quiet and at the same time sound Great :thumbsup: . One of the reasons I bought them was because they're not LOUD which would give me a headach on long trips :beerchug: . Along with being neighbor friendly :welcome:

Well I want a aftermarket exhaust (full) to take advantage of weight, and possibly some power, but I want a nice quiet system

Sorry but there is no such thing. Especially on a 1300cc engine. The Busa is a big powerful machine made to roar. Not trying to dog you, but is there a reason you want it to be quiet?

Hey everyone...

Well I want a aftermarket exhaust (full) to take advantage of weight, and possibly some power, but I want a nice quiet system... Anyone have any good ideas? Thanks!
A yoshi system with the baffle in will be you're best bet :thumbsup: Very nice sotp power increase, very noticeable weight loss, and nice mellow tone :beerchug:

A yoshi system with the baffle in will be you're best bet :thumbsup: Very nice sotp power increase, very noticeable weight loss, and nice mellow tone :beerchug:
I talked to Yoshimura on the phone a week or two ago and was told their R77 makes less power than stock with the noise plug in. I called because I saw the dyno sheets on their website showing less power than stock after installing the full R77 exhaust.

Yes, Yosh pipes are pretty quiet but make less power with those inserts installed. But once you remove the inserts, those pipes are far from quiet and you get the full power potential. It's a trade-off, do you want quiet or do you want power increase?

In my experience I would say that the "quieter" pipes are Micron, yosh trs, muzzy, and some real expensive pipes like akro's are more tuned sounding rather tha loud. Loud pipes-brocks, tsukigi cannon, D&D to name a few.

Last edited:
I've got a ti force and think it has a kind of deep mellow sound that's not that loud IMO. This is at normal driving speed of course, open it up and different story as with any aftermarket sys.
Good luck in your search..........

Sorry but there is no such thing. Especially on a 1300cc engine. The Busa is a big powerful machine made to roar. Not trying to dog you, but is there a reason you want it to be quiet?

For 1 because not everyone thinks its cool when you give it the gas, I get so mad at harly riders that can it when they drive by you... its like an infringement on your space... people shouldn't have to hear loud pipes... And most piped sport bikes to me sound like a wacked out bumble bee...

2) I live rural, and every police car within 8 miles can hear you when you are doing high speed runs.

3) gets REAL old to listen to when you drive around

JMO

Yes, Yosh pipes are pretty quiet but make less power with those inserts installed. But once you remove the inserts, those pipes are far from quiet and you get the full power potential. It's a trade-off, do you want quiet or do you want power increase?
It doesn't have to be either make your ears bleed loud with power or quiet and less power than stock. You can have somewhat louder and more power at the same time. Finding which exhaust manufacturer has done it is the trick.

Back