quickshifter/ignition module busa 08

I want to install a quickshifter on the busa 08 (equipped with pcIII usb).
Is it necessary that i also have to buy the dynojet ignition module to let the quickshifter work with the busa 08?
I know that some bikes do not need the ignition module to let the QS work...

thanks for the reply.
are u 100°/° sure about that? cause i have dealers here, who claim that i need the ignition module to let the qs work and other dealers say that i do not need the ignition module :banghead:

They might be refereeing to the multi hub switch, that FOR SURE you will need for the PC3 to work the QS. I dont see why you would need the timing module though? ???

maybe you do need ign. module, because the pcIII is only connected to 4 injectors (busa2 has 8 injectors) :dunno: that was a reply from a dealer

Last edited:
maybe you do need ign. module, because the pcIII is only connected to 4 injectors (busa2 has 8 injectors) :dunno: that was a reply from a dealer

Sorry I dont know for sure, but I really have a hard time believing this ??? If I where you I'd bypass the "STEALERSHIP" altogether and call Dyno-Jet direct! I think there trying to make some extra dough off you, shifting the bike has NOTHING to do with ign timing.
Like I said, Im not 100% sure, but this makes NO sense to me, call dyno-jet and let us know the out come. :beerchug:

If Professor says no, you can be pretty sure the answer is right.. :) do post up how this goes.. interested myself

just got answer from dynojet.com:

"You must use the ignition module. All dual stage injector bikes require the IM for the Quickshifter to work.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Mike Shefler

Dynojet Research Inc.

1-800-992-4993"

so you do need the ignition module to let qs work !

just got answer from dynojet.com:

"You must use the ignition module. All dual stage injector bikes require the IM for the Quickshifter to work.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Mike Shefler

Dynojet Research Inc.

1-800-992-4993"

so you do need the ignition module to let qs work !

WOW! This really surprises the hell out of me! Why would you want to retard ign timing to shift the bike ??? Not so sure this would be all the great in racing/performance situations, the LAST thing I'd want is my ign being retarded in the lower gears(even if it is only for milli secs).....up top in the higher gears would be ok. IDK, I'm curious, if that is in fact what there doing with the ign module?

WOW! This really surprises the hell out of me! Why would you want to retard ign timing to shift the bike ??? Not so sure this would be all the great in racing/performance situations, the LAST thing I'd want is my ign being retarded in the lower gears(even if it is only for milli secs).....up top in the higher gears would be ok. IDK, I'm curious, if that is in fact what there doing with the ign module?

A while back I was interested in doing the quickshifter and so in my research i contacted dyno Jet and from my understanding in talking with them, you need the ignition module not to retard timing, but to basically kill the engine, when used with the quickshifter it actually kills the throttle for a millisecond when shifting, just as if you are shifting without using the clutch you would roll off the throttle a tiny bit as to ease the shift. Just my understanding.

A while back I was interested in doing the quickshifter and so in my research i contacted dyno Jet and from my understanding in talking with them, you need the ignition module not to retard timing, but to basically kill the engine, when used with the quickshifter it actually kills the throttle for a millisecond when shifting, just as if you are shifting without using the clutch you would roll off the throttle a tiny bit as to ease the shift. Just my understanding.

Awhh ok, makes A LOT more sense now! Thanks:beerchug:

Back