Quick Stand - Neat Product

dmrowe

Registered
A couple of years ago while visiting Pashnit's site looking at one of his rides, he had a friend along that carried a 'stick'. He used this stick to prop up his rear wheel so he could lube his chain while on the road. I thought that was a pretty good idea and thought I could make one myself so before I started on a lengthly and probably frustrating project I did some on-line research and found this product. Quick Stand and I wanted to share it because it works really neat.
As you can see from the first picture it comes in a nifty little pouch that fits right in your boot without taking up a whole lot of room

DSC_0090.jpg

It comes in three pieces that fit together with spring loaded buttons

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0092-1.jpg

Next you take the strap (has velcro) and bind your front brake so the bike won't roll way, I found it easier for me to turn the front wheel all the way to the left when doing so.

DSC_0093.jpg

Put the forked end under your spool and use the spring loaded cable to loop over the spool to hold in place

DSC_0094.jpg

Next lift on the buddy bar and slide the bottom of the Quick stand toward the rear wheel and presto...the rear wheel is off the ground so you can spin the wheel and lube your chain! I think this thing is neat!

DSC_0095.jpg

Uncle Steve introduced me to that neat gadget at the Reno Stampede last July. WORKS GREAT, he had the rear tire off the ground in a matter of seconds.

yep, we used that thing every morning to lube the chain... its well worth the money...

I dont have spools or a way to attch em if i did on an aftermarket arm, anyone with one think it would if it was rotated 90 degrees so the notch was on the corner of the arm?

I thought the Quick Stand was cool but that PackJack ... WOW! Thinking about removing my center stand now. Only thing missing is the velcro strap to secure the front brake.

I thought the Quick Stand was cool but that PackJack ... WOW! Thinking about removing my center stand now. Only thing missing is the velcro strap to secure the front brake.

Just think, one good idea like that and we could retire millionaires!! :whistle:

DennisTheMenance.jpg

Love my quickstand, but that packjack is cool.

My only complaint with the quickstand is that the bottom will slide on smooth surfaces, like garage floor concrete. I wish they would've put some non-slip material on the bottom. It works great on asphalt, or anything with a bit more texture.

It is a pretty neat little product. I will have to order one for myself. I am pretty sure that is the same setup that Raydog had when I rode with him in SoCal.

A mate of mine has a PackJack and swears by it.

PackJack - Home

I emailed Packjack and got a response from a Greg. I asked if the product could handle the heavier bikes like the Busa and he said no problem. I went ahead and order one and I'll let everyone know what I find out. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this, was wanting to purchase one as well.... But, as said above I went ahead and bought the PackJack looks to be a lot easier to use, I dunno...

Thanks for posting this, was wanting to purchase one as well.... But, as said above I went ahead and bought the PackJack looks to be a lot easier to use, I dunno...

Sorry about the buddy bar thing..showing my age, but yes the PackJack looks a lot easier. My only concern is that you need to secure the front brake to prevent the bike from rolling. You can get a velcro strap from Office Depot or staples for securing computer wires.

Back