Quick Shifter Install Pics?

You are incorrect. The quick shifter gets mounted seperately and attached to the shifter arm. The factory linkage to the transmission still stays in place. Thanks though.

Im sorry, but you are incorrect. Following is a direct copy and paste from the DJ website:

3 Switches to activate Quick Shifter

Shift Rod Pressure/Tension Sensor - This universal sensor mounts inline with the shift rod. The customer must provide the appropriate "length and thread" shift rod. This sensor is available in both "push" and "pull" styles depending on the direction the shift rod moves during an up shift. For most applications, a Shift Rod Kit is available. Linear

Travel Sensor Kit - For applications where a bike does not have a shift rod, or the Shift Rod Sensor will not fit, we offer a Linear Travel Sensor. One end of this sensor is mounted to the shift lever itself and the other to a fixed point on the chassis. This sensor is available in both "push" and "pull" style to suit all installations. A universal mounting kit is included.

Handlebar Mounted Switch** - A handlebar mounted activation switch is offered for situations where a Quick Shifter sensor is not legal for a particular racing organization, impractical to fit, or not preferred by the rider. The button features gold plated contacts for durability and the least amount of electrical resistance. The CNC machined handlebar button bracket has been designed specifically to position the button for the most comfortable operation and accessibility during use. To use this type of switch, the rider must first slightly pre load the shift lever, press the handlebar mounted switch, and then complete the shifter movement.

YES, that applies to all bikes but the Busa. For the Busa the only kit they recommend/sell is the Linear Sensor which attaches to your shifter and then to frame, you retain the stock shift rod.
I have spoken to Dynojet directly.
NOW, that is not to say it cannot be fabricated and made to work the way you are saying, replacing the factory shift rod. In fact that maybe the route I end up going, still researching my options.

Thank You

The guy I spoke to @ DJ must have been clueless. I called there several months back when I was pondering the thought of the QS.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did a write up about my quickshifter install last year on this site. Anyway here are my pics. I just drilled a tiny hole in the frame and tapped it for the small bolt that holds the L bracket. The shifter works great for my needs, once I got it dialed in on the sensor rod length.

gilles.jpg

This view shows how its out of the way.

gillestop.jpg

Cool Pics. I am actually going to try and install my system the way many other bikes work, where you put the Quick Shifter and rod ends in place of the stock shifter rod. Kind of funny because the guy from Dyno Jet actually told me the only way to install on a Busa was to do like you did above, mount it totally seperate from you shift rod, his exact words were that Hayabusa's do not have shifter rods, so you have to install it differently!!! I was like, Cool, you are SMART!! :moon:

Back