Quick Shifter Install Pics?

GMKILLER5.0

Registered
I was looking for people running Dynojet Quickshifter on their Gen I Busa to post up pictures of how they mounted the unit up? I searched the forums and found very little info. Stock rear sets with Quick shifter installed would be the route I am going.

Thanks
Ron

There is only one way to mount it, it goes inline where the OEM shift rod is, and wire runs up to ignition module, hooked up to pc!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I have the universal push type shifter, the one that's recommended for the Busa, sitting in a box, in the garage as I ponder the limited range of mounting options. The option that seems to provide the most advantageous angle of Quick shifter operation would require drilling into the frame and that's something I'm reluctant to do.

I might have a machine shop create a bracket that mounts on the bolts that attach the sprocket cover on.

The one that replaces the shift rod is not the one that DynoJet recommends for the Busa.

cheers
ken

There is only one way to mount it, it goes inline where the OEM shift rod is, and wire runs up to ignition module, hooked up to pc!
Posted via Mobile Device

You are incorrect. The quick shifter gets mounted seperately and attached to the shifter arm. The factory linkage to the transmission still stays in place. Thanks though.

You are incorrect. The quick shifter gets mounted seperately and attached to the shifter arm. The factory linkage to the transmission still stays in place. Thanks though.

He was talking about the Bazzaz, the quickshifter is a little different... ;)

ill let you know in a couple days , i ordered the quick shifter from boostbysmith, should get it on by thursday !

got mine today , but its diff than what you are running , mine is just an inline switch , works with the ecu editor !

not my bike but it shows location

CORDONA.jpg

image001.jpg

For what it all costs, wouldnt it be easier to run an air shifter? would think it would be more reliable

well the air shifter is a little more, but its all in what you are doing , the air shifter is better for the track and the quick shifter is better for street, but you can use both as well, if i wanted to add a air shifter i could and then set it up threw the ecu editor as well !

the air shifter would be more consistante i would guess but the ease of this unit and the fact you dont have to add anything but this switch makes it a best buy for me !

I have very little into my air shifter. You have to edit the ECU and you need a harness to tie into it. That was the biggest cost. air switch solenoids are around 26$ new and you can find the rest on e-bay for 40-50$. 15$ CO2 tank from walmart, new threaded valve from MPS (11$). In ok you may be right, cheaper, but in the end, i feel it was def worth the time and effort for the air shifter.

im not down playing the air shifter , i think i may get one next but it was a time issue with me as well, i am hitting up the tx mile this weekend and i would not have had the time to get it installed

this is easy , coms ready to plug in and johnny is flashing my ecu at the mile so it should be good to go , !

as far as price yea the air shifter kits you find on the net are about 350-400 , this was was only 230 shipped !

and as far as being reliable, well its a sealed switch like most and as long as your ankle is working you will get smoth shifts !

Well Smith does make some awesome stuff. He helped me out BIG time with my shifter harness. Minor issue with the harness telling the bike to run in N at all times. all that aside, i spent less than 200$ on my shifter setup. Mostly due to the fact that I got lucky on an e-bay purchase. Bought a setup for 70$, took the tank, sold everything else for 180, took the profit and paid for ECU flash and harness. picked up air switch for 25$ and fittings from Jegs way cheaper than anywher else. Also - made my own air shifter bracket out of some scrap AL.

101_2454.jpg

kml,

Thanks, that was one of the ones that the Search ended up finding for me too. I am just looking for as many different ideas and options before I proceed. That's why this forum is awesome!

Thanks

Back