quick shifter and ecu flash ???

arthur39

Registered
have a quickshifter, linear style push type. Used the ecu flasher, the quick shifter is a basic lenear style dynojet. It has 3 wires red, blue and green, the red was dead ended. I soldered the 220 ohm resistor to the green and tied it to the red wire of the gps sensor. the blue went to the black. I believe it is killing in a pull pattern. I have to preoad the switch, then when I release the shifter and come back up it slides smoothely into gear under acceleration. Is this normal? or should I place the 220 ohm resistor on the blue wire and tie that to the red wire of the gps? just thinking the shifter should seemlessly go to the next gear without preloading with the foot.

mine was plug and play no wires to splice into anyting ,?

your saying you try to shift and it does so but more when you are letting out of the shift? ,, should kill and shift on the up stroke, is it adjustable?

I'm using the quick shifter function off the ecu, using ecu editor, it ties into the gps and the switch is triggered there.

no need to preload the shifter, you should just shift normally and it should kill and slide into the next gear....been using the shifter function for more than 2 years now with no issues....
Picture068.jpg

ok, i'm gonna try placing the 220ohm resistor on the other wire from the switch and see if that helps. (the blue wire on the switch) im thinking i got it reversed and it's killing when I pull the switch rather then push. hence pulling down after the preload, then killing. It also gives a big burp in first. probobly cos It killed the ignition and fuel after "pulling the switch" the shifter has 3 wires red green and blue. the red was dead ended from the factory. Hoping anyone has tried this with the universal quick shifter.

tried a few different things and still getting the same result, I'm thinking the 220ohm resistor might be wired in wrong, this is a schematic by Petrik showing how to wire it, I added a few lines to show the way I have placed the resistor in parallel with the switch, not sure what I am doing wrong.

shift.jpg

That's the way i have mine wired in, but i wired it in at the ecu...not the gps connector...but either way will work.

thanks Busa2001, do you know what settings you have for the activation and next shift times? im thinking the default activation time of 5 might have something to do with it< I might change that value to 0.

maybe this is what i'm doing wrong, when I push the shifter to the drum i need to hold it there for a split second and then it will fall into gear? when it doesn't go into gear right away I back off, maybe too quickly? I'll have to keep tyring, just don't want to damage a gear trying :laugh:

maybe this is what i'm doing wrong, when I push the shifter to the drum i need to hold it there for a split second and then it will fall into gear? when it doesn't go into gear right away I back off, maybe too quickly? I'll have to keep tyring, just don't want to damage a gear trying :laugh:

what RPM are you using as your shift point? the quick shifters do not produce a smooth shift below about 6k

it gets worse as I increase the throttle/rpm's, it wont budge at all, i have my gear indicator tied into the sensor as well, it reads accurately. I'll try a few more things

doesnt the dynojet work the opposite of all the other switches? you should get 220 ohm across the switch only when you put pressure, i think maybe that switch has it where you have 220 ohms at all times except when you put pressure to it?

i'm not sure, I'll have to put a meter on it, Smithabusa do you know if there is a way around that, if what ur saying is true? there are three wires on the switch, red blue and green (red was not used). i guess ill fool around with it for a bit longer. the quick shifter has been with me for a while and the frame is tapped, so I would like to keep it. here's a pic of the shifter, I cut the end off and soldered the 2 wires to the gps harness, (there is also a red wire on on the switch harness that was dead ended in the insulation)

Aprilia%20Parts%20005.jpg

Greg, you are correct!! put the ohm meter to it today, backwards readings, im gonna flip the switch 180 and see if that works. :laugh:

Back