Quick shift

I got a dynojet quickshifter on my Gen1 busa. I like it, never had a bike with a quickshifter or air shifter before so I have nothing to compare it to. Its nice to have when your getting on it hard, able to accelerate a lot faster and its nice not having to let off the throttle or use the clutch. The true definition of "Grip and Rip" :whistle:

Wait, I'm suppose to ease up on the throttle and use the clutch when up shifting ???

If you already got a power commander or bazazz setup then give it a try and see for yourself. My busa is strictly for the street so it works great for me. Now if I was dragging it I would probably try the airshifter. But 4 street riding why would you need it or go through the hassle of having to refill it

If you already got a power commander or bazazz setup then give it a try and see for yourself. My busa is strictly for the street so it works great for me. Now if I was dragging it I would probably try the airshifter. But 4 street riding why would you need it or go through the hassle of having to refill it
you dont refill anything if you have an on board compressor for an airshifter. it refills itself.

You need the PC3USB and the PC ignition module. Download the firmware and set the desired RPM you want it to kick in.

why do you need an ignition module, the software should be in the power commander 3 & 5 ???

You need the PC3USB and the PC ignition module. Download the firmware and set the desired RPM you want it to kick in.

I dont have the PC5 so I cant be sure. Been a little while since i looked @ how my Power Commander setup is but I think the quickshifter hooks up to the Power Commander ignition?? Could be wrong could be right I just remember when I bought my quickshifter off GixerHP, I asked him if I would need the hub or something like that to connect it and he said all I needed was the Ignition Module

I have had the quickshifter for about 2 years now. I love it.I don't have to worry about air line, wiring in a compresser,or refilling the air tank.but I allready had the pv5 so it was pretty simple for me. I have mine set at around 5.500 rmp so when I am coming out of a curve or geeting on the freeway just hammer it and go

you don't need ignition module you just use the pinout on the pc it self on both...it's just a monetary kill...

I dont have the PC5 so I cant be sure. Been a little while since i looked @ how my Power Commander setup is but I think the quickshifter hooks up to the Power Commander ignition?? Could be wrong could be right I just remember when I bought my quickshifter off GixerHP, I asked him if I would need the hub or something like that to connect it and he said all I needed was the Ignition Module

I don't know if air shifters are more reliable but they have to be a lot heavier than a strain gauge type shifter. Be nice to hit a button to shift but if you go with GP shift pattern, I think you will be just as reliable shifting with your foot, even in a tuck.

Back