Quick Question / Power Commander  Install..?

chat_vmax

Registered
I just got my Power commander USB III on my 03 Busa,,
It Had a set of Yosh Slip ons when I bought it,, the guy I purchased my bike from said that they " adjusted" the computer for that exhaust ..

I know for sure that the PCIII is a " in line" device that works with your factory ECU,, I need to know if there is a procedure to see if anyone has taken the stock ecu out of the " factory settings". and how to adjust it back....?
rock.gif
     ??

QUESTION...???  Can you " adjust" the on board computer..? If so is ther a procedure to take it back to the original settings ,, That way I know the only map there is is the Factory map on the bike computer and whatever I dial in on my power commander...

Any Help greatly appreciated...

wow.gif

Not sure about your question. The bikes computer has the factory settings and the PC has their settings set up for your mods or no mods when you ordered it. You replace the factory hookup with the PC so it doesn't matter what the factory settings are. They are not read by the bike anymore, just the PC's. That's why when you order a PC you need to make sure you check which PC is mapped for your changes or NO changes. Hope this helps  
beerchug.gif

(chat_vmax @ Mar. 26 2007,11:20) It Had a set of Yosh Slip ons when I bought it,, the guy I purchased my bike from said that they " adjusted" the computer for that exhaust ..
Find out if a Yosh box or Teka box was used .

Have it reset to factory settings with whichever before using a Power Commander .

Probably was a Yosh box. Most dealers have/use them for the minor tunes .

(mountainmotor @ Mar. 26 2007,11:35)
(chat_vmax @ Mar. 26 2007,11:20) It Had a set of Yosh Slip ons when I bought it,, the guy I purchased my bike from said that they " adjusted" the computer for that exhaust ..
Find out if a Yosh box or Teka box was used .

Have it reset to factory settings with whichever before using a Power Commander .

Probably was a Yosh box. Most dealers have/use them for the minor tunes .
+1

You really should have your factory ECU zeroed out. That way your map is based on stock config.

That will also make it easier to share your map with others, cause you can tell them to have their ECU zeroed and everyone's on the same playing field.

(DaCol. @ Mar. 26 2007,08:06) Not sure about your question. The bikes computer has the factory settings and the PC has their settings set up for your mods or no mods when you ordered it. You replace the factory hookup with the PC so it doesn't matter what the factory settings are. They are not read by the bike anymore, just the PC's. That's why when you order a PC you need to make sure you check which PC is mapped for your changes or NO changes. Hope this helps  
beerchug.gif
While I much appreciate your wanting to help,, I know for sure that the PCIII is a " in line" device that works with your factory ECU,, I need to know if there is a procedure to see if anyone has taken the stock ecu out of the " factory settings".. ??

Any help appreciated...

(chat_vmax @ Mar. 26 2007,11:50)
(DaCol. @ Mar. 26 2007,08:06) Not sure about your question. The bikes computer has the factory settings and the PC has their settings set up for your mods or no mods when you ordered it. You replace the factory hookup with the PC so it doesn't matter what the factory settings are. They are not read by the bike anymore, just the PC's. That's why when you order a PC you need to make sure you check which PC is mapped for your changes or NO changes. Hope this helps  
beerchug.gif
While I much appreciate your wanting to help,, I know for sure that the PCIII is a " in line" device that works with your factory ECU,, I need to know if there is a procedure to see if anyone has taken the stock ecu out of the " factory settings"..      ??

Any help appreciated...
Actually when I read your thread early this morning the middle para was NOT there
rock.gif
? Don't ask me why? But it wasn't on my screen  
wink.gif

Back