quick question about race stand

fstAZfk

Donating Member
Registered
I just picked up a vortex race stand yesterday so i could start doing my chain maintenance and such as it should be done. Pretty cool stand, and sturdy for sure. I got the adjustable one.

My question is this.. is it ok to leave the bike on the rear stand all the time or should the bike only be on the rear stand when maint is being performed? Didnt tell the wife i was getting it until after it was already home, she came in the garage and said... what is that? I told her what and why, and she said.. hmmm, well its looks cool anyways. haha, she's great.

thanks in advance,
Scott

here's a pic

needs_sorting1_023resized.JPG

Don't see any reason not to leave it on the stand , there's less chance of it being 'knocked' over ..

mines on the rear stand basically all the time.. takes up less space in the garage that way... and space is a precious commodity in there.. lol

im not using spools with mine. The stand can be switched between to padded bars to place under the swingarm or the receivers for the spools. I plan on getting the spools

Thanks, I just noticed they were kind enough to include threaded holes for spools on our bikes, got the spools today from local dealer and ordered the stand as well. This ought to make chain maintenence oiling a breeze not to mention when I have to yank the rear tire.

Back