Quick question about gearing

yeti

Registered
I recently geared my bike 1 down in the front, 2 up in the back and was curious...does that affect your odometer and speedometer? If so can it be corrected?

Yes and yes.

Your speedometer is off by about 16mph IIRC... However, get a Speedohealer and it will fix it when installed. You just gotta program it and install it. Great product and simple install.

Where is a good place to get a speedohealer?...I looked at thier site...looks like the suzuki-1 plug n go is the right part no. For those who have one does this sound correct? Thanks

I can't remember the site... I think its calsportbike or something like that...

I got mine from Street and Track, but I know Daniel (Golden Child) has carried them too.  Either one of them can hook you up.

If you dial in the speedometer to be exactly right on, the odometer will rack up less miles on the bike because the stock speedo is actually 7-8% high.  Once you make the speedo read perfectly, the odometer will log about 7-8% less miles than you actually put on the bike. (Great for resale:p)

Case in point: My mileage reads 8% lower in odometer miles than my wifes whenever we take road trips together.  She has a bone stock CBR 600 and the odo is right on.

Back