Quick I need some help

FinallyGotaBusa

Registered
I am actually taking apart my bike for the first time right now, can you believe it almost a year and still havent done this, anyway how do I get those plastic clips off the tail?? I cant see a way to do it without breaking it

Thank You,
-Eric

The black plastic clips....

Take a small allen and push the center in....it will "click" you'll feel it.

Then they slide right out.

To put them in, you push the center back so it's half way out. You will see what I mean when you do it.

Fit the plastics back together, put the clip in the hole, push the center flush....it will "click"

You are done.

yeah, what he said
biggrin.gif

I have also found it handy to have a few extras around.

That is amazing though that you have had the bike for a year and not taken it apart! I was a little afraid before I starting rippin' into it, but couldn't keep myself from doing it. Too many things to add to/modify the bike.

That is amazing though that you have had the bike for a year and not taken it apart!  I was a little afraid before I starting rippin' into it, but couldn't keep myself from doing it.  Too many things to add to/modify the bike.
It is pretty amazing I thought I would have done it by now too but I got that unlimited oil change plan from the dealer so I thought there was no reason to tear it apart, but low and behold I get it apart and I find out that the service that was susposed to be done on it 3 weeks ago was not really done so now im pretty pissed at the dealer, my oil was almost gone, should have checked way before this.

-Eric

Back