QUICK: I need a quick tire suggestion...

MeltDownZ

Registered
My dealer only has these 3 available and I need to choose within 15 minutes. I'm looking for the longest lasting without feeling like a cold brick in the turns.

$129 Perelli Diablo
$124 Metzler Sportec M1
$119 Dunlop DT08

Thanks!

I can only comment on the M1, I get ~3500 miles out of mine and I have ZERO complaints related to handling man. Awesome product. I need one too, tell your dealer I need one for that price.

BD

yeah, I love the M1's...got them due in part to BigDawg's suggestion....you won't regret getting them
cool.gif

Thanks for the reply's guys. Turns out the dealer only had the M1's in stock. I was looking for something that might last a little longer but went with the M1's this go around.

Thanks!

Todd

Just put an M1 on yesterday...So far seems OK, but still trying to scrub it in...I'll let you know in a couple of days.

Dan

I've had mine on for ~750miles and they are holding up very nicely. I can say that I've definately got the "chicken strips" pretty thin on the sides.....way way thinner than I ever got the 208s (well before I went to Deals Gap
wink.gif
) We are going to head back up there this fall if you want to wear down the sidewalls a little bit
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

None of the above. I assume it is to late anyway since you said 15 minutes

Go M1's  
cool.gif
Most people say, "Don't worry about wear."  However, 90% of my riding is in a perfectly straight line commuting.  I went with the M1's but how's the wear?  I've been reading that they wear pretty fast.  It's sad to through away those perfectly good sides because of a bald middle.
Truely depends on you riding style. The M1's are well rounded to handle a variety of styles, but you sacrifice a little in longevity I suppose. Honestly riders that push their bikes frequently (not doing daily burnouts) average 3-4k miles on their rear tires regardless of the brand. So how long your tire lasts is going to depend on how hard you push your baby.

BD

Back