Quick drag race question to ponder.

NCBusa2001

Registered
Let me preface by saying, I am not a drag racer and don't have full understanding of the exact rules. However, I was thinking.....

In bracket racing, (that's "et" correct?), A person "dials in" a time, say 9.5seconds. The other guy dials in 10 seconds.

The first one leaves the line .5 seconds AFTER the 10sec guy,....and the first one to cross the finish line wins, right? (providing they don't go faster than their dialed in times)

If the above is incorrect please correct me.

So here's the question. Say I mount a big stopwatch on my tank and go to the strip. I line up beside Ricky Gadson (I know I wouldn't qualify, but humor me). Ricky dials in a 7.5 second time and I dial in 60 seconds....the tree lights and when mine turns green I start the stopwatch. I then put my gloves on, flip my shield down...start the bike...wave to Ricky. I leave the line and haul down to the other line and stop 1 centimeter from the "beam". I hear Ricky take off but keep my eye on the stop watch,...and when it comes to 60 just pop the clutch a bit. Thereby dethroning the mighty king, lol.

What prevents that?
rock.gif
??

And yes I have a vivid imagination.

Chris

Most tracks have a cut ours does 8.5 or somthing like that as slow as you can dial 1/8th mile = NO SCOOTERS OR DIRT BIKES ALLOWED.If the guy you raced had a crossover delay box it wouldnt matter he would enter your dial in.Then click to your dial in and then jump off button on your top yellow.
We do have a pit bike blow out like once a month racing tow bikes or pit erea bikes.I will run ya on my 50cc honda but fair warning i can hit 32mph on that thing:laugh:
blush.gif
yo it gets 62mpg let people laugh i will follow them 2 gas pump then i laugh:laugh:
laugh.gif

you have it down exactly. Its more competetive as a 20 sec vehicle can go against a 5 sec vehicle and still be fair.
smile.gif

Actually you would have to move the out of the light on the starting line for the clock to start. You need to make it start at the exact time you get the green light. Then you'd have your 60 seconds to go break the beam on the big end. It is not all how close you get to your dial in. The first man there without breaking out wins.

I hate bracket racing,how do you use a box on a bike?
rock.gif
+1  What does a 20 sec vehicle prove by beating a 5 sec vehicle
rock.gif
by getting a 15 sec head start. I guess at that, a person could beat the 5 sec vehicle on foot given enough of a head start.

Yea Fred, I out ran a 600 HP Viper in the 1/4 mile on foot
tounge.gif
, No Joke  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

And Yea, I know I've taken this to the extreme  
umnik.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

It's all about the reaction time it takes when the green light comes on and you actually start rolling out of the starting line staging beams. Giving that both bikes will run exactly there dial in time, they should reach the finish line at the same time.

Back