quick acceleration kit

Once a Warrior

Registered
just ordered the supersprox quick acceleration kit, 17 front 43 rear for my '00. looking forward to seeing how this performs. anyone have this set up?

Pretty much a sales pitch on that one. The only advantage is launching with traction. Then the extra torque increase will allow higher force to the rear tire. Once underway with no further tire slippage the advantage is mute.

If you don't believe it.... then when you get it installed have a roll on contest with a comparable Busa. The only real difference will be you are shifting before a stock geared Busa as you go through the gears.

We just went through this on a car forum comparing 3:45 gears to 4:10 gears in ZR-1 Corvettes. Once the launch with slicks is done everything else stays the same.

I am not saying you won't like it...you will be shifting more often under normal driving. I think the Busa could use another gear ( 7th ) The amount of torque load at highway cruising speeds is so small that it seems like the revs

should be reduced. I could go the other way with the gearing. However, stock gearing is a good compromise overall for the street imho.

Played around with gearing on a few of mine.

Dropping it enough to be noticeable normally gives me the ****s with highway cruising,
long distance runs or chasing sports bikes. Went back to stock. Good compromise.

I've been running it for a while on my '08 on my around town setup with the Carrozeria's and Power One's. It's a little busy on the highway but a blast otherwise. For road trips or an Ironbutt I put the stock wheels back on with stock gearing and Power Road's.

If you want a little more kick 2 your busa add an R1 throttle tube along with the sprocket change :beerchug:

My plan is to go back to stock gearing and the r1 tube, currently running 17/42. The sprocket change I definatley noticed off the botom but top end seems to be lacking a little torque now. Just my thought but I'm headed back to smoooooth all around.

thanks for the commentary. i'm not a wheelie kind of guy, but i do love the launch. anxious to see how it does off the line.

What a deeper gear combo will do is make the launch and wheelspin more controllable early in the launch. Wheelies? Their fun ! Nothing better than a hard launch with a long and low wheelie.

just ordered the supersprox quick acceleration kit, 17 front 43 rear for my '00. looking forward to seeing how this performs. anyone have this set up?

I just put the exact same setup on my busa. Feels quicker off the line, but don't know if I like the increase in RPMs at highway speeds. If you want to go back to a stock ratio though, all you have to do is put an 18 tooth front sprocket with the 43 rear.

Will give increased traction at launch and less shifting in city driving. Will also rev the engine more at top end & reduce the fuel average. The stock 17-40 gearing is the best all-rounder in IMO.

Will my busa grips fit on the r1 tubes I have the bigger kuryakyn grips now

Yes.
Most all throttle tubes are the same length and diameter, as grips are a standard size.
The main differences are where the tube fits into the switch housing, different manufacturers use different designs.
However, the R1 tube fits the same as the Busa.

Does it matter on the year of the R1 tubes or are they all the same

The year DOES matter, but I can't say for sure which. Some of the R6 tubes work too.
After 2012(I think) they won't work, as Yamaha has went to drive by wire, no more throttle cable.

Back