Questions for a daily rider

Cipher Complete

Registered
Alright guys, you have been a great help so far, and using the search option, I have just not found the answers I am looking for.
I now own a 06 LE, and the majority of my riding is commuting. I am a school teacher and a father of three which really limits my riding time. I get one long trip and one short trip a year, and 2 maybe 3 track days a year. I know I could go crazy with mods, but my question revolves around the TRE and the pair valve mod. What are these going to do for me as far as rideability? I don't need performance or horsepower, but what are the advantages with either or both of these modifications help in the day to day operation of the bike

the way you discribe yourself sounds like you don't
need any mods......................
just ride and enjoy your new hayabusa
my .02

just enjoy your bike, no more than you get to ride ,it will be a waste of your money.

<!--EDIT|busa crazy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155495737 -->

Thanks. I guess really what I was looking for was reassurance that I did not need to spend a bunch of money and time. My past bikes are a VFR 750, a VFR 800, and an 05 ZX-10R. As far as ease of use, rideability, and smile factor, the busa has to top the list. What a fantastic bike

As far as ease of use, rideability, and smile factor, the busa has to top the list. What a fantastic bike
+10000000
smile.gif

From personal expirience the TRE will smooth out the low gears for city cruising.

My .02

If you need some ideas on things to blow money on. I might be able to help you.  
biggrin.gif
 all kidding aside just ride it. Its fast enough for your application and mods will always be there should you come to the dark side.. Maybe risers.............

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155523530 -->

Get a TRE only if you are looking to go faster than 186mph.

You only need to do the PAIR removal if you have an aftermarket full exhaust system.  With an aftermarket full exhaust system, the PAIR will cause backfires.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155524598 -->

Welcome Cipher, and like they said a TRE will smooth out lower gears but not needed and the pair mod is for aftermarket exhaust.

Keep reading the board and you will soon find ALOT of mods to do! By the way , my wife is a teacher also . I myself would like to Thankyou for the job you do !
cool.gif

The LE's are the fastest!

<!--EDIT|frisbee
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155531716 -->

How about lowering it 3 inches, 6" extended swingarm with a 300 rear tire, full exhaust, power commander, nos, upgrade the brake lines, muzzy fan and a big bore kit? That is my type of daily driver
biggrin.gif

if its going to be your daily driver then i would get the tre. it will lessen that jerkyness in the throttle in the lower gears at low rpm. makes for a much smoother ride. as far as track days, its known to hurt 1/4 mi times. not sure about circuit track racing.

WOW!! If i had a bag that big on my tank i would need a phone book to sit on... i wouldnt be able to see around it! LOL
smile.gif
That was an exceptional day ( can't remember what I was bringing home from work). Usually it's not that full. The nice thing about the bag is that you can lay against it making for a much more comfortable ride.

Pretty much what the others have said. Besides, there are plenty of folks out there who won't or cannot twist the throttle FULL WIDE OPEN in the first two gears anyway, especially when modified, so it's lots of fun to walk away from em' on a stock bike with Bolt ons.

Here's what I've done, mods only to improve comfort, and sound.
-Heli Bars
-Zero G. Double Bubble
-I cut my seat foam down about 1.5 inches
-Akrapovic Bolt ons. (Sounds great without needing any further mods, nice and rumbly without being too loud)

If you're riding daily you need to talk to RaiderDM. He's been daily commuting on his Busa in Tampa for years. Corbin Seat but otherwise stock.

Back