Questions about lowering rear of bike

Hauie

I'm debating lowering the rear by 1-1.5 inches just so I can flatfoot both sides. Currently, I'm able to almost flatfoot both sides or I can do it on one side and stand on the soles of my foot the other side. I wanted to ask the org what I should expect (pros/cons) of a 1 inch lower. I was told anything over 1.5 inches would compromise the function and ride of the bike. I don't want to sacrifice a lot, it really isn't that big of a deal, but since I'm bringing my bike to a shop for a friend to help me with wirings, I figured I might get it lowered if there's not that much risks.

Thanks.

PS. K18 - Stock swing arm with fender delete yoshi kit, so I probably wouldn't need to change spring rates or worry about rubbing with a <1.5" lower right? 165 lbs with gear.

I suggest that you leave your bike the way that it is and get a cut seat. Or, if you are going to lower it, lower the front as well so that the geometry of the bike isn't completely jacked up. Just my .02.

I suggest that you leave your bike the way that it is and get a cut seat. Or, if you are going to lower it, lower the front as well so that the geometry of the bike isn't completely jacked up. Just my .02.

That's what I thought too, but then I'd have to adjust the forks and it all becomes a lot pricier than what I initially want to spend. I also get a cut seat is really uncomfortable? Is there any way to get comfy seat that's lower than stock?

I have a tobin seat which is the same as New Image, it’s cut about 1 inch. I like mine, looks and comfortable. I don’t make real long rides, so that could make a difference.

I think the new image seats are even more comfortable than stock. But this is coming from a guy that prefers a carbon seat pan.

Screenshot_20181016-195918_Gallery.jpg

So both of your seats are cut about an inch and seems more comfortable than stock? I do want to do some long distance riding once this cold season is over. That being said, I'll probably have them do the front + rears and add in back rest + diamond stitching. And I only really need an inch lower to fully flatfoot both sides. This is probably a way better solution than lowering the bike. Thanks!

Why do you need to flat foot? I have a 29” inseam and haven’t been able to flat foot since I quit riding cruisers. Tobin seat is nice, but I still can’t flat foot, LOL

Why do you need to flat foot? I have a 29” inseam and haven’t been able to flat foot since I quit riding cruisers. Tobin seat is nice, but I still can’t flat foot, LOL

I mean, I can flatfoot it.. barely. But I also ride one up pretty often, so I would just feel better if I can flatfoot the busa for more support. That's why I was only looking to lower it by an inch at max. If I was riding solo, I wouldn't care. Its especially important for rain as well.

I was searching around trying to research this just for the reason of the wife complaining about the angle and sliding forward with every tap of the brakes. I did find one post i believe from piratediverjefff saying he had his rear lowered 4 inches and the front by 1.5 so he might have some insight as to what the different angle does to handling.

I was searching around trying to research this just for the reason of the wife complaining about the angle and sliding forward with every tap of the brakes. I did find one post i believe from piratediverjefff saying he had his rear lowered 4 inches and the front by 1.5 so he might have some insight as to what the different angle does to handling.

I just put my bike back together (was in pieces and on stand for 2-3 weeks) and I rode her in the rain for like 100 miles or so. It didn’t seem bad, I’m actually able to flat foot without lowering, so I believe that the seats would do just fine for me. I guess the few times I had my wife in the back, she was just really fidgety. Pictures aren’t really good because of glare.

image.jpg

I'm not big on the canyon carving thing so for the type of riding I do it handles just fine bro.I mostly did it for aesthetics as in my opinion the Gen II tail looks like crap when it's stuck way up in the air(looks like it was hit in the ass by something)and lowered/stretched by 4"-6" I think looks pleasing to the eye.

I got rid of the 2-up problem,had the dragon lady(:D)on the back at 170 mph and now she wants no part of it.:laugh: :super:

Back