Questions about a few different bolt-ons.

HMan

Registered
Couple of questions.

Exhaust: Looking for semi-quiet (no yoshimura race) and as deep sounding as possible. Suggestions? Basically, if it sounds like V&H I don't want it. Sounds like TBR... very interested. Price is also key. Don't have lots of money so have to stay reasonable.

Windscreen: Just looking for something to use when traveling. Any and all suggestions and comments welcome.

Helibar: Worth it? I read the specs and they sound great but after looking at the pic of the thing I just don't see how it does what it says it does. Nothing like the adjustable Blackbird model.

Hard Bags: I'm looking at the setup offered by Riderhaus. Are those racks removable for the hard bags? Anyone on here running that arrangement? Softbags are out. I've used them before and I'm just not interested. Been spoiled by the Connie I traded off.

Thats about it for the time being.

Lots of good questions so I'll try and hit as many as I can. First exhaust, this is kind of a tuff one because I can't be sure of the sound your looking for. I'm thinking maybe stick with slip-ons. Almost any of them will add a little noise to the exhaust without over doing it and the price will be much cheaper than a full system. next, windscreen several to choose from but, I perfer the Zero-Gravity. You'll want to check out the touring model its taller and offers more wind protection than stock. For around town I suggest MRA, Zero-Gravity, or Powerbronze. Depending on your reach, the Heli-bars will make the Busa alot more comfy on the long haul a cheaper alternative is to purchase a set of Gen-mar bar risers. Your correct when you suggest the Heli-bars don't offer as many settings compared to the same set-up on a different manufacture of bike. Can't explain that one....... Finally hardbags, not to many choices in this dept. but there are some manufactures that will work. You mentioned Riderhaus, good starting point. May I also suggest 5-star, Corbin (not alot of room but look good) and one other German manufacture but, their name slips me right now........... Hope this helps some and welcome to the board. ........................Ks

Welcome...And if your interested in TBR slipons I just took a set off my bike that have been well cared for and will sell for $250.00 plus the cost to ship...They are aluminum round cans...

I have a TBR 4-2-1 that I may be intrested in selling I am looking at a Micron that has a Blue and silver can It is in excellent shape.

post_6_80176_My_Busa_Chrome2.jpg

I have the Yoshi slipons and I think they sound great. They are the "Race" version but not too loud. TBR cans are much louder IMHO. The best feature I like about the cans is they are closer to the buke than the stock cans. I like the profile much better.

Just a few pics as I was installing them.

Stock cans........

cat_face_001.jpg

I have the Yoshi slipons and I think they sound great. They are the "Race" version but not too loud. TBR cans are much louder IMHO. The best feature I like about the cans is they are closer to the buke than the stock cans. I like the profile much better.

Stock cans........

cat_face_001.jpg

Stock cans........

cat_face_001.jpg

Thats srewed up....... I had errors entering the pics and then... they all show up.

Oh well, here is a left Yoshi and stock right.

cat_face_002.jpg

Race24x, that's a nice rear hugger that you have. Where did you purchase it? Any problems with fitting it with the undertail set up?

Race24x, that's a nice rear hugger that you have. Where did you purchase it? Any problems with fitting it with the undertail set up?

Race24x, that's a nice rear hugger that you have. Where did you purchase it? Any problems with fitting it with the undertail kit?

Hman, I'll PM you my number. I should be going near you on Saturday. I have D&D 4-2 (they are quieter than the name suggests). I have lower footpegs (L-P USA), Reaper RIsers (cheaper than Heli or Genmar, and very nice), Corbin Seat, Moto-Lights, Krauser Hard Luggage from Riderhaus. Riderhaus is awesome. There were some pictures of my bike there(riderhaus site) with the bags before the exhaust and other mods were done. BTW, the Krausers will hold one full face helmet, and depending on exactly what they are, sometimes two! They are huge cases.

Hman, I'll PM you my number. I should be going near you on Saturday. I have D&D 4-2 (they are quieter than the name suggests). I have lower footpegs (L-P USA), Reaper RIsers (cheaper than Heli or Genmar, and very nice), Corbin Seat, Moto-Lights, Krauser Hard Luggage from Riderhaus. Riderhaus is awesome. There were some pictures of my bike there(riderhaus site) with the bags before the exhaust and other mods were done. BTW, the Krausers will hold one full face helmet, and depending on exactly what they are, sometimes two! They are huge cases.

I just installed Yoshi RS3 Race slipons. They sound great. Not too loud and has a nice low throaty rumble sound. I have D&D on my CBR 600 and she is one loud mother.

Back