Questions about 05' Busa

Djroulette

Registered
Hey Guys, I'm not new to the boards, I have not posted a lot. Just been reading and learning (thanks for all the info).

I have a few questions that I can't find answers for.

I bought my Busa 1 year ago, the owner had a 4-1 header and a full D&D exhaust installed. I love the exhaust. however there is no Power Commander installed. I understand that the PC will remap the Busa. What do I gain? Am I damaging anything without it?

Also I don't have anything to compare this to but: I am running 70mph at 4,000-4,200 rpm is this normal? as far as I know the bike is stock with the exception of above mentioned. Is the absence of the Power Commander causing this?

Last, I hate the fact that my Speed O is off. What is the best way (or most common way) of correcting this? Keep in mind I will probably be installing a Power Commander.

I appreciate all the info I have received and will receive.

As it stand your bike is running lean with a full exhaust!

With a PC you will gain throttle response as well as a much better running motorcycle!

As far as the speedometer being off, this is something we all are stuck with. But you can get a speedo heeler from pashnit. They work great, but you actually need to dial it in, so you would need something to measure your speed and good place to do it. If you go to the pashnit website, it goes into better detail. Price is pretty cheap for one to.

As far as the exhaust, you arent really hurting anything. The fact you had a full exhaust without a tune does not really hurt you, but you could be running a little lean and in due time it could potentially cause some damage. I would try and get it tuned as soon as possible. It all depends on how lean your running. But for now I'd say your okay. Now lets say you threw on some shorties with no back pressure without a tune, then that can potentially cause some damage. Damaging your valves, etc..... But your not hurting anything. A tune will in fact let your bike run better though, and feel a difference if you had something to compare it to. You can go the power commander route, or you can go with ecu editor. Locate a local tuner and they can go into better detail for you. There are a few different power commanders out there, so make sure you read up on them and find which one suits your needs better. Now I have no clue about the 4k rpms and 70 mph thing. Id have to get on my bike and see if mine is the same way. Im waiting on a coolant tank right now so it will be down for another day or two. But once I replace the tank, Ill jump on it and see if it is normal or not for you. I hope this was able to help you out some.

On my 04 - 4000rpm is about 75 indicated. Closer to 70 actual.

I have thought about getting a speed-o-healer however having it read a little high might help from getting a ticket.
Knowing that it is reading a little high (about 5-6 mph @ 60 +) isn't the biggest deal to me.

I saw another less expensive type of speed healer but don't know if it is any good or not. Search for it. :laugh:

I don't think you are damaging anything without a PC.
That's not to say that you wouldn't get any benefit with one, you probably would.

That's my 2 cents worth.

If you not looking for max HP, at least find someone with a yoshimura clicker box. They can add some fuel as seen fit. I do this type of tune for my customers that can't or don't want to buy power commanders. They just want a good running bike.

Back