Question??

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone know of something where you cna check funds if someone writes you a check to see if funds are avaialble. I just got a check for 1800 but banks were closed when check was written i dotn beleive the check is bad but im always nervous about checks. i called the bank and there gay ass customer service tells me sorry we cant do that for you . Youll have to bring check into a local office Or deposit into my account , my account is diffrent bank.

I used to take checks like that to the local bank and swap for a bank check or cashiers check.

im gonna go and cash it tommorow since there a Natiowide bank The check is drawn on Wachovia bank. So hopefully all is well if not ill be taking a trip from philly to maryland. lol. Nice ride on the busa.

Verifying only helps if you have the check for only a brief period of time, like at the teller's window.

Go do that and walk out with cash. A cashier's check can be stopped.

I'm surpised that the bank wouldn't verify funds. Most banks will just do that no questions asked.

--Wag--

they wouldnt do it over the phone wag it was 730 eastern and said i had to take it into the branch in the morning.

yah i photo copied drivers license and i took a photo of there license plate of her boyfriends car just in case i need to track them. Im sure if not someone on here then someone local for me could get e an address off of the tag In maryland is where they are from im from philadelphia but im not gonna think the worst and ill keep everyone posted in the am.

The tag was of the womans boyfriend who was with her so . well see what happends.

yah i photo copied drivers license and i took a photo of there license plate of her boyfriends car  just in case i need to track them. Im sure if not someone on here then someone local for me could get e an address off of the tag In maryland is where they are from im from philadelphia but im not gonna think the worst and ill keep everyone posted in the am.

The tag was of the womans boyfriend who was with her so . well see what happends.
Your a brave man. Good luck. Let us know what happened.

I simply do not release product until the check clears... relieves all the stress

Even if you got a phone verification but didn't try cashing/depositing it until another day, there would still be no guarantee that funds would be available then. Good luck!

happy for you.. but all the same... for future reference... you should either wait till the bank is open, demand cash or some how make sure you have cash in hand before letting go of any merchandise.... People out there are out to screw others at any cost and with no regard for what it might do to their life.... makes me mad but that just the facts of life anymore...

the worst offenders scream the loudest... well dont you trust me? yea right "Trust me" famously last words...

My dad had a situation somewhat similar to this one day...

He had done a job for a guy who was really draggin his feet on paying him.  Finally, my dad pretty much MADE him write him a check for the amount of the job (somethin like $2400 or somethin).  Well, Dad went to the bank, and he verified that there was NOT enough money in the persons account to cover the check, so my dad knew the guy was tryin to get out of paying again. (this is where the genius part comes in)

So, my dad asked the teller HOW MUCH it would take to get the balance up to what it needed to be to cash the check, the teller told him like $300, so dad deposited $300 CASH into the guys account, cashed the check, and cleaned his A$$ out!

argue.gif
Oh yeah, the guy called a few days later with NO MONEY in the account furious as to WHY/HOW he cleaned him out, Dad just shrugged it off and said, "Sorry, I needed the money and you've owed this for over 6 months now".  Dad would have rathered been out $300 then the entire amount of the job.

Strange
winkold.gif
, we call banks all the time and verify that the check will clear
sadnews.gif
. Their answer is a simple, YES or Not at this time
dunno.gif

My dad had a situation somewhat similar to this one day...

He had done a job for a guy who was really draggin his feet on paying him.  Finally, my dad pretty much MADE him write him a check for the amount of the job (somethin like $2400 or somethin).  Well, Dad went to the bank, and he verified that there was NOT enough money in the persons account to cover the check, so my dad knew the guy was tryin to get out of paying again. (this is where the genius part comes in)

So, my dad asked the teller HOW MUCH it would take to get the balance up to what it needed to be to cash the check, the teller told him like $300, so dad deposited $300 CASH into the guys account, cashed the check, and cleaned his A$$ out!

argue.gif
Oh yeah, the guy called a few days later with NO MONEY in the account furious as to WHY/HOW he cleaned him out, Dad just shrugged it off and said, "Sorry, I needed the money and you've owed this for over 6 months now".  Dad would have rathered been out $300 then the entire amount of the job.
Brilliant!

Back