Question: Turbo oil feed '99 Busa... & Recommendations

insayne-kustomz

Registered
Hello Everyone! My name is Joey from Montreal, Canada and I just signed up to Hayabusa.org.
I've alwasys refered to this site for dependable advice I've read in peoples posts. Today, I would like to start my own. I currently ride a stretched out 99 with a basically stock engine. I'm planning out my turbo build which I will be doing myself. I am surrounding by great people to help me do so. Everything done to the bike was done by myself through good old trial and error. My questions are:

1. What is the BEST\SAFEST location on the engine to pull out the oil to feed the turbo? Pictures would be great because I don't know all the propor names for some specific parts.

2. Which advice would you give me to keep in mind during the build?

3. I will be running a blow off valve underneith the gas tank just before entering the plenum, where would I get the vacumm from?

4. Does anyone remove the oem oil cooler to get extra room in there for everything or would this create super high engine temperatures?

Thanks guys\ladies sooo much for any help! I really appreciate it! If anyone also has some used, good quality parts I can use for this build, please send me a pm. Thanks again!

Hi,,
well, i myself am installing a turbo to my Busa, so maybe I can help you a bit.

1. see the image below, I bought an adapter from mr turbo where I am getting the oil feed.

2. take your time and read this forum A LOT !!! there are some excellent guys on here that really are helpful.

3. See the image.. you will be getting it from the throttle bodies vaccum pipes.

4. I have seen most guys remove their oil cooler, I tried to fit mine last night but there is no space for it.. Im running a pipe between the oil holes that the oil cooler connects to.. they say thats ok..

Here are some files, instructions, a map and images that have helped me in my install (23mb) http://www.johannsson.net/busa/busa.zip

good luck and most of all.. have fun with it !!!

dia1.jpg

Thanks man! You have no idea how much fun I have working on my bike. I've done soo much and learned so much at the same time. I work in excavation/construction, so doing this is an amazing hobby and head cleanser! I'll be reading on a daily basis to see if any subjects touch my researches. I can't wait to see how the bike feels under boost! There is nobody in and around Montreal that is riding a stretched bike with 300 rear tire, nevermind TURBO!!! I can't wait. I'm gonna start ordering my parts here and there and when I have just about everything, I'll start. I'm also debating running an intercooler in case I wanna push some higher boost pressures eventually... What do blowoff valves sound like on 'busa hitting over 8psi of boost? I'M SO MOTIVATED!

Welcome!!! I'm sure you are gonna find all the answers to your questions here.!!!!

My setup is very similar and uses just a brass tee where the oil pressure sensor is. One side goes to the oil feed and the other to the sensor.

One question.
How much reduction in diameter is installed at the entrance of oil into the turbo?
I have an old Garrett T34 and a little blue smoke when I take my gas!
thank you

Back