Question regarding stiffing suspension

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
I have a question....When I am riding in the twisties, I get a lot of feedback from my suspension. When I am leaning in the twisties, I am being tossed all over the rode. The suspension to me needs to be more stif.

Is there something simple that I can do to make the suspension more stiff?  

Thanks,
D-
Don't pay any attention to the jackwad author but...
laugh.gif
There's some light reading addressing just such a question at the following link...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Why did my "Reply" go to the top of this thread and why did this thread not go to the top of the first page?
rock.gif

I have a question....When I am riding in the twisties, I get a lot of feedback from my suspension. When I am leaning in the twisties, I am being tossed all over the rode. The suspension to me needs to be more stif.

Thanks,
D-
Don't pay any attention to the jackwad author but...
laugh.gif
There's some light reading addressing just such a question at the following link...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Thanks! I don't how your reply got to the top!

Thanks,
D-

I've got a guy over here who has spent a lot of time finding "good" suspension settings. Lemme know what year your bike is and how much you weigh (and whether or not you generally ride with a passenger - and their weight if you do), and I'll hook you up with the proper suspension settings to keep things a little smoother. It will involve adjusting pre-load and rebound settings on your forks and the proper setting for your rear shock/spring. It'd also be good to know if you have changed your steering triple-tree position or if you have raised/lowered your tail.

-- Steve

Thanks,
D-
I'm about 180 lbs and I found this suspension setup for my weight and it makes the bike feel alot better.

(BUSA SET UP) front
Preload - 3 lines showing

Compression - 2 clicks out

Rebound - 2 clicks out

rear
Preload - still stock, unmeasured

Compression - 5 clicks out

Rebound - 7 clicks out

<!--EDIT|porkyb
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122078106 -->

I've got a guy over here who has spent a lot of time finding "good" suspension settings. Lemme know what year your bike is and how much you weigh (and whether or not you generally ride with a passenger - and their weight if you do), and I'll hook you up with the proper suspension settings to keep things a little smoother. It will involve adjusting pre-load and rebound settings on your forks and the proper setting for your rear shock/spring. It'd also be good to know if you have changed your steering triple-tree position or if you have raised/lowered your tail.

-- Steve
Steve, I mainly ride solo. I weigh about 210lbs. My bike is completely stock. It's an '04 LE. The only thing I've changed are the oil and the tires. Thanks for your help.
Donald

Thanks,
D-
I'm about 180 lbs and I found this suspension setup for my weight and it makes the bike feel alot better.

(BUSA SET UP) front
Preload - 3 lines showing

Compression - 2 clicks out

Rebound - 2 clicks out

rear
Preload - still stock, unmeasured

Compression - 5 clicks out

Rebound - 7 clicks out
Thanks!

Back