question on stretching

erict

Registered
just asking some opinions on stretching a busa 6+ and how it is for street riding still thanks for all the help

Its ok,but requires substancially more effort to turn on winding roads.

I had mine 6in. over with stock wheels/tires... it was not really different than stock... now I have it 10in over ridin a 240... it is alot different.

im at 9" over and its a little different but you get used to it. the bike seems like it wants to turn but takes a little more effort. almost like you have to lean more to make the bike turn the same amount

I'm about 6" over and down a little over 2.5" in the rear and 1.25" in the front, and bike seems fine. Like they said, it's a little different but you get used to it. If you rail your bike now, sure, you won't like it. To be honest, I notice a difference more with the lowering than I do with the stretch.

Hard riding makes you either go wide, or the rear end wants to come out...but like I said, that's hard riding.

Consider it this way. LEGAL road riding is fine on a stretched bike. If you can't do it...you're probably going too fast. LOL

I'm about 5 over and down about 1.5 inches in back. I was really surprised at how little of a difference in handling I saw with the stretch. Yes, it definitely takes more effort to turn, but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Like someone said above, I think the lowering affected handling more than the stretch did.

Saw a guy at the Gap pass me with his girl on the back and at least 9 over. It was a 600, but anyway.

It sucks for handling... Don't think you are going to take any turns with any kind of speed... I had mine 6.5 and shrunk down to 3" over and it handles real good now. (Not as good as stock, but close enough...
biggrin.gif
)

Why do you want to strech your bike? Are you going to drag race, if yes than ok, if not, why bother!

(erict @ May 31 2007,05:18) well are you guys happy with stretching it for a street bike
Yes, I am happy.

No I don't drag race, particularly.

I like the way a stretched and lowered bike looks and the sacrifice in handling is well within my riding limits.

If I wanted a track bike, then hell no, I wouldn't stretch it.

Why do we need turbos? bikes are plenty fast

Why do we need 240-300-330-360 kits? came with a 190, its fine.

Why do we need NOS? bike don't need no more punch

Why do we need custom paint jobs? seems the factory paint works just fine.

Why do we need grill screens? Suzuki doesn't think we need them

Why do we need stainless brakes and upgrades? The bike will stop better than most can handle.

Why do we need new rims? the stockers are round.

It just burns me up (no offense) when people rag on others for stretching or lowering or doing other certain mods. I say if you wanna do it, go for it! It's your bike, it's yours to customize into whatever personal expression you want it to be!

rant.gif

super.gif

(dadofthree @ May 30 2007,18:37) Saw a guy at the Gap pass me with his girl on the back and at least 9 over. It was a 600, but anyway.
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

i would not admit to getting passed by a 600, much less it being a 2 up rider

but then again, look who was speaking it
crazy.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif