Question on my Oil Change

Investor

Donating Member
Registered
Hi guys.  This site is so awesome knowing that if you have any questions, answers are only a post away.

Anyway, did my 500 mile service today myself.  Following the threads on the board and the users manual, no problems.  Chain cleaning, lubrication and oil change a cinch  
smile.gif
 Actually found the bike easier to work on than I expected.

Anyway, after changing the oil, I ran a few minutes, waited a couple of minutes and checked the oil level window.  It is at the bottom of the acceptable range, not low, but showing close to the "L".  I put in a 3.7 qt container I got from my dealer when picking up my filter.  Container unopened, no leakage whatsover.  So repeated process, ran a few minutes, waited and as of coming inside and putting this post, oil level still showing same.  

Any comments?  Is the range I'm showing in the oil level window okay/acceptable.  Definately put in 3.7 qts and definately no leakage.

Thanks for your help.  I did learn one thing, this will be the last time I do anything without stands  
pissed.gif
.  Am going to order a front and rear right now  
super.gif

Get someone to sit on the bike or look at the level while you do. No problem with where it's at. If you determine it's hugging that low line, just throw the .3 quart you have left in. It should bring it up close to the high mark.

(TXBusa05LE @ Jul. 20 2007,16:15) Is the bike level when you check?
Not exactly level, but darn close. As mentioned I do not have any stands, so am using a wood chock to bring it almost to level. Could that little bit be causing it?

By the way, just got off of the phone with Ian at Redline and ordered me a pair of stands
super.gif
. Great guy to do business with. I should have them beginning of next week.

I'll check again, but am going to be leaving to ride with some buddy's for the evening - but if still shows low, would the best thing to do be to just add 1/10ths (give or take) of a quart to it brings it in range in the window?

Thanks guys for the help....I owe you one
beerchug.gif

I always do the 4 Qt change...However i dont try and get every drop out of each Qt..So it's a tad under 4 Qt's... Sounds to me your doing the most improtant thing,,and thats having fun with your new Baby!!!!
beerchug.gif

Back