question on grips

nolo263

Registered
has anyone tried the chrome grips on ebay that say hayabusa? they have two styles the straight and curved. how are they on your hands? i like them but they look slippery. they also have some that are chrome but with rubber squares on them and you can get spiked ends. anyone try these?

Don't know about the grips , but I have some chrome parts on the inside of my jeep ...get so hot in summer U can't hardly touch 'em and when the sun hits 'em just right , they blind U .

creekboy has some custom chrome grips and he likes them, I have no experience with them and prefer the cushion and grip of sum type of gel grip.

My dad has the ones with the rubber in them and they are too big . I like the looks of the chrome ones and i've seen them with spikeed ends .

I've had some really nice looking chrome grips on my choppers, but they made my hands go numb after an hour, or so of Hwy-riding. They Look good, but they get hot in the sun, slippery in the rain & you should clean em often if you dont ride with gloves. I think they look good on some Busa's, but for my everyday riding they don't work for me.
wink.gif

Don't know if I would want spikes at the end of my handlebars if I took a spill. I bet they could inflict some nasty wounds. But of course if you intend to never take a spill, who cares. Just my $.02.

Back