Question on design

CorbinSaddles

Donating Member
Registered
Hey gang,

:bowdown:

Yesterday we got BA BUSA's bike in here - it was a pleasure to meet him and he's a wonderful guy to talk with. We're going to town with designing our bags for the GenII bikes and we do have a general question that will help us out (never knew that rear end was such a beast). Needless to say, we do want these to fit perfectly and work with all possible 'busas.

What exhausts are the cool kids running these days? Stock, Yosh, Brock, Micron, Muzzy, etc.?

Help a (few) brotha(s) out :please:

Brocks, Micron, and Muzzy are all low hang design aren't they? They would not interfere with the bags, I would assume. After that I think a couple of different profiles would work: Stock pipes, Yosh pipes, etc.

How many design lines are you hoping to get to?

Yosh I think will be what you hear most...take care of BA's bike, he's a good man:thumbsup:talked to him yesterday while he was driving down to drop her off..hald to talk him off the ledge:laugh:

Rich... gonna ride a bagger? :rofl:

sorry bro... had to do it. :laugh: Now if there was a way I could get CORBIN to fix my crooked back rest (been that way from day 1) :whistle: (figure if I try to tweak it and it breaks, I will really be hosed)

If I don't keep the stock cans on there...I was thinking of going with this FULL system from Akrapovic :beerchug:

I want it with the Carbon Fiber cans, but their web site only shows it with the titanium ones...

3c24e6f61fae5b68fd23697ce3d05540.jpg

49847647e436bece1f5d9482caff0daf.jpg

987311fdfd1d7fa173ce9f03f162f370.jpg

ed42bbccdee3b46ed4bacdbba85edac7.jpg

Last edited:
pretty nice... I do like the shorty stock cans myself (for the low cost alternative)

I think you would have to take into consideration the folks that are looking for hard bags are more likely the dedicated tourer folks. That would leave me to believe that they're exhaust system would be either OE, slip-on, or a quiet/cost effective stainless steel system. This would mean that a muzzy which is pretty loud probably wouldn't be a popular choice. Any of the titanium systems would also probably not be a first choice because of their high costs. All in all you can probably knock off more than half of all the systems on the market because they're just not popular.

The problem with most after market cans, whether it be bolt ons or a full system, is that the cans are angled up and sit closer to the tail section...

49847647e436bece1f5d9482caff0daf.jpg

GSX1300RK8.jpg

Hey gang,

:bowdown:

Yesterday we got BA BUSA's bike in here - it was a pleasure to meet him and he's a wonderful guy to talk with.

Are you sure you had the right guy? :poke:

LMAO

Nah, Rich is one of the best around. Match made in heaven!

Have fun y'all!

--Wag--

wow you are all forgetting the coolest.... TiForce....

don't leave em out I know yer all jealous. :p

Funny, yeah real funny when you two get passed by a bagger in the twisties :laugh:

you are obviously mistaking me for someone who would actually ride in front of you, i stay away from people who don't know where the brakes are located :laugh:

gas gas gas.....brakes are optional :bowdown:

you are obviously mistaking me for someone who would actually ride in front of you, i stay away from people who don't know where the brakes are located :laugh:

Yeah that would be a good thing :beerchug:

But you never know when you guys might get lapped :poke:

:rofl: ya know he has a point...

an ya know I have heard a lot of crap about Corbin support and just accepted it.. they got in touch with me about my seat and want to get it fixed... hmmm nice..

Back