question on carbon fiber exhausts

Yes they do. Just remember to check on the packing inside the cans to prevent damage to the can from the heat.

I have had the yosh pipes on all my bikes and on the last one and this busa I have the carbon fiber one and have not had an issue but i should change the packing when i get home

how much is new packing? and how hard is it to replace?

Around $15-$20 for packing. Depending on the design of the cans, you would need to drill out rivets and re-rivet the can. Easy work.

I've had the HMF carbon fiber for going on 5-6 years. I think the clear coat shiny-ness faded over the 6-70,000 miles of riding the Busa. Just started to look aged after all those years. Never repacked anything. Carbon fiber is throaty, and still quiet at low speeds.

I've finally ordered another can, and it's due to arrive on Tuesday. :cheerleader:

Also signed up to be a HMF dealer in the process. :thumbsup:

hmf-800-1.jpg

hmf-800-1.jpg

Yes they do. Just remember to check on the packing inside the cans to prevent damage to the can from the heat.

So we're supposed to drill out & re-rivet the cans every time we want to "check" them!? Can you be a bit more specific on your recommendation. How often and what is the point? It is the 1st time I have ever heard of this.

According to Tim above me...his have been just fine w/out re-packing.

Didn't know I was supposed to repack anything either. :;): And yes, the HMF (and probably a lot of others) are all riveted up.

I've always liked the sound, and really grown fond of the roar of the bike.

Curious about sound of the HMF... (this is 3 minutes, but it goes like this for 22 miles!)

Bit of eye & ear candy :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back