Question: Marchesini front wheel, thick collar which side?

Dr. M

Registered
Maybe it's late, but I can't figger this out. My Marchesini front wheel has a thick collar on one side of the wheel and a thin collar on the other side. I've been studying the K8 service manual and I believe the thick collar would go on the right side. Am I right??? I searched the archives and didn't find any posts on this.

Many thanks in advance.

I haven't posted here in ages; here is what I am trying to get finished by next weekend (and just about done)...
Velocity Racing Stage 1 Turbo with wastegate, boost control, water injection
Brocks clutch kit, pan baffle
PowerCommander PCIII USB
Brocks drag race essential kit
0-6"swing arm stretch (Spencer Cycle)
Marchesini mag wheels

I'll post up pics when it is all finished.

Thanks again.
Steve

Dr M I have March Mag wheels
The thicker collar is on the right side of the wheel on mine .
If you can wait till midday tomorrow I'll post a few pics for you ?

I sure would like to see the finished product after you get all the mods done. Welcome to the .org!

Best I can do and I'm sure after I post these someone will tell me they are in wrong but I have ridden it many times at speed and am still here so it must be ok ?

FRONT SPACERS 002.jpg

FRONT SPACERS 009.jpg

After looking at it I'm almost thinking the right side one is backwards and should be flipped around so wide lip is on the outside like left side ?

Thanks for the pictures. I ended up answering my own question by studying the obvious (but often overlooked). On the parameter of the rim, Marchesini places its name in beautiful script letters and follows that by a representation of the Italian flag... three blocks of green, white, and red... all of which make up the shape of an arrow pointing in the direction of rotation. DUH!!!!

Sorry to be so dense!
Steve

Back