Question for you guys

Welcome guys. I was looking at a Honda 1000 RR because of the taller ergonomics when I came across the Busa. I'm 51 and about worn out. I sat down on it and was hooked immediately. From then until I rolled it out of the showroom there was no other choice. I never even looked at another bike.

They're all right though, she can be a lady or a bitch, whichever you're after. It can get you in trouble if you don't pay attention. I was cruising down the turnpike in a 45 mph zone, just loafing. I looked down at the speedo and was doing 70. You have to pay attention to her or she'll bite.

I rode Harley's and others for 34 years. I've been on the Busa for 9 months now and I'm having more fun than I ever have before. And I had a ball before. They are addictive.

Dan

Depends on the color
wow.gif
Just don't get a Blue & silver one
rock.gif
They are as mean as a junk yard dog Rite out of the crate!!
race.gif

Be aware you will eventually be seduced by the dark side....throttle wheelies are the most fun you'll have with your pants on.

As everyone else said u will love it. Its one of the most comfortable sportbikes u can buy. As far as not going 100 if u do just ease into the throttle u will be at 100 in a blink of an eye. But bike is so stable 100 feels like 45 in a car no joke. The bike is like a Porsche. Very agile,fast,very easy to control and u wont wheelie easily unless u dump it in 1st gear. Ive jumped on the bike from a roll in 2nd and 3rd and the front end never came up on me. Again just be smooth with your controls. Its the best bike I ever owned.

this my first bike . ibought in april 2006 red and black ride to work everday it does not rain unless suprised , never had astreet bike or dirt bike just amini bike when i was 10. when ibought it on asaturday my friend came over with his gsxr 1000 i asked him how to ride it he sad just look wher u want to go and it will go that way we rode 45 miles that day and i never went past 60 mph which took about 2 hours for me to do . the next week took the safety course and now have 4300 miles on it and never look back i luv my busa speed will come after u get the feel for it. i have been 160 mph on it and what a rush , cant wait for the nerve to wheelie but please respect the power and youll love it to

24 years of street riding experience, and I love my Busa.  Even if I eventually get something "couchy" as I get older, I plan on keeping my Busa. It's family.
cool.gif

Like many have said, respect the power. I would like to say that the 'busa is a wolf in sheep's clothing, but it is a wolf in wolf's clothing and quite capable of acting like a lamb. Just when the big bad wolf shows its' ugly head, hang on!

It will simply do what ever you want it to do....and more.Everytime you ride it you will grin.Every time you think about riding it you will grin....Because you will want to ride it all of the time .My girl is 5 months old and I'm at 10,200 miles tonight,and I always want to go more.Answer your Question? You will absolutly love it.I ride everyday all yearround.I haven't gone through winter with her because I got her in the springtime.But I've ridden in some adverse conditions without a problem. Just be careful.She will only do what you tell her but please do not underestimate the power she has ....Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Only the throttle will judge you.

Have fun!

--Wag--

The Busa is a Jet that runs on two wheels! (most of the time) She is as much fun driving slow as other bikes are driving fast. I think that is what sets her apart. There is nothing else that compares with her when she is put through her paces. Just get to know her before you ask her to dance with you.

Welcome to the Board! First, whoever you are listening to about what Busa's, stop listening to them!
smile.gif
You are absolutely correct to judge the bike for yourself.

I've been riding since I was 10 years old, motorcross, street, trail... lot's of different bikes, lot's of brands. I was a bike salesman for awhile too (Kawi's). Even with my years of experience I don't consider myself much more than a moderately skilled, middle of the pack, rider. I've never never felt the need to push the envelope too far beyond my skill level (which is probably why I'm alive today).

After owning over 20 bikes, I bought my Busa two years ago at age 52. (If I'm lucky I'll be riding it when I'm 82.) Make no mistake about it, this bike has increditable acceleration, even in stock form, but it's easily controlled by a rider with a decent skill level and a level head. The key is throttle management, much more so than most bikes. But fear not, it won't accelerate out from underneath you or wheelie without plenty of fair notice.

If you felt comfortable sitting on it, you'll probably feel comfortable driving it. If you read through the various threads on this website you'll run across the same word over and over again referring to the Busa, "respect". Respect its power and you'll be fine. Disrespect it and there's a good chance it'll bite you. This website is full of pictures of wrecked Busa's.

One nice thing I've noticed when I started getting comfortable with my Busa - the slightly heavier weight (over a typical 1K sportbike for example) helps add to the stability in windy and high speed conditions. A nice plus! And the faster this bike goes, the more stable it becomes. It's stable at any speed over 5.

I owned a FJR before wandering into a dealership and seeing the Busa. Like you one time sitting on it did the trick for me! It seemed to fit me like a glove. I still own a FJR and it's ok, but nothing thrills me like the Busa. Even while driving a cage and seeing a Busa whiz by, it gives me a thrill. There's nothing like it.

Back